Worst Game Ever

Deathtrap Dungeons
Vampire Hunter D (This game was about a half vampire hunter who had a demoned in his hand that could speak, his hand had a little face and use to speak to him, It bought a whole new meaning to the saying "speak to the hand because the face is not listening"

Both games were on the Playstation and were so rubbish

Oh the msn pollsters were so close!

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within was a dire game! Awful graphics, really bad controls, and just dull. I'm glad I got it as an Xmas gift and so didn't pay for it. Perhaps I'll give it away to charity, let some other poor sucker have it.

My personal worst is Bubsy 3D for the PlayStation. I'm not sure if any of you have ever played any of the games in the Bubsy series, but they were never that fun anyway and three dimensions only made this one worse.

I didn't play the game very much-- just enough to discover that your objective in each level is apparently to collect all the jewel thingies. No time limit, and brain-dead enemies. That sounds at least bearable, but the voiceover instructions were so annoying that I just couldn't do it.

Recently bought Sensible Soccer for the Playstaion2, expecting something bigger and better than the original...ended up downloading the original on the PC and playing that. Hang your head in shame Mr PS2 games developer man, beaten by a game made over 10 years ago.

In comparison to FFX, X-2 is awful. Following 3 girls digging up spheres? I watched my friend bomb through 5 chapters in a day, and it wasn't too bad, but when you come to play it... eugh. And I hate the dress sphere set up. Customising 6 characters, each greatly different to the next, is a lot more fun than customising three characters 7 times... each exactly the same.

As a standalone game it probably isn't all that bad, especially if it's the first FF game you've played. But as a sequel? Eugh.

Spyro for the PS1? Brilliant! Wonderful! Amazing! I got a PS1 when I was 7, and with it came Spyro the Dragon. I got Spyro 2 when it came out. Same applies with Spyro 3. 10 years later I'll still sit and play them for days.

Then we get to the PS2 versions. What's this? Shock horror! Insomniac sold Spyro! Any Spyro game that has not been developed by Insomniac is awful, in my book. Not simply because it's not an Insomniac game, but because it's been kiddified. Why take such a good game, and change the whole game engine?! I tried to trade Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly in to Game about a year ago... they came back and told me they could give me 50p for it. I readily accpeted it and left the shop 50p richer.

E-bay is the answer, there's always someone willing to buy other people's trash.
Amazing what you can get for something that's worthless, especially since if you set up a "buy it now" at a ludicrous price, people will bid higher :p

Spyro for the PS1? Brilliant! Wonderful! Amazing! I got a PS1 when I was 7, and with it came Spyro the Dragon. I got Spyro 2 when it came out. Same applies with Spyro 3. 10 years later I'll still sit and play them for days.

Then we get to the PS2 versions. What's this? Shock horror! Insomniac sold Spyro! Any Spyro game that has not been developed by Insomniac is awful, in my book. Not simply because it's not an Insomniac game, but because it's been kiddified. Why take such a good game, and change the whole game engine?! I tried to trade Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly in to Game about a year ago... they came back and told me they could give me 50p for it. I readily accpeted it and left the shop 50p richer.

total agreement, there.

We got the NEW, IMPROVED Spyro that came out in november for my daughter, and it was unplayable! And it has Elijah Wood as the voice... ewwww.... but the levels don't flow, and the sense of humour's gone, and it's not cute anymore, and the things you flame all have these annoyingly saccharine names like 'Fangfur Treetwisty', or whatever.

We took it to game the following day, they'd changed their returns policy (we didn't see the sign) and we got £7.50 trade in on a game we paid £29 for, and played for two hours! Swinebag shop!

the absolute worst game I've ever played is Oddworld: Abe's exodus. The graphics are ok, but the play itself is repetetive, and the sound effects make me want to go and torture bunnies. And, I'm not a 13-yr-old boy (or my husband) and blowing up farts to kill villains does not make me laugh! :mad: (The Abe they brought out for the gameboy was worse than rubbish, too)

Now I quite enjoyed Oddworld... might be because I was a thriteen year old boy, but I thought it was quite fun. :p Maybe not the blowing up farts (I didn't get that far :(), but the whole stealth factor.

I never played the first one, though I saw bits of it at a friends house.

One that comes to mind is the awful "pokemon world" for the pc. If you happen to have had the 3do system from panasonic, then a good bet on worst game ever is "plumbers don't wear ties."

Have played numerous stupid games, but the name that comes to mind now is 'Serious Sam'

Here's one for you: Bokosuka Wars. I was sifting through my nes rom folder and found this rotting inside, so I gave it a spin in the emulator. The graphics and sound are horrible (see the site for details) even by nes standards, and the music is about 10-15 seconds long and on repeat the entire time. The play control will make you recoil in disgust, and the randomness of battles is just outright annoying. It's so badly coded, too--the screen will flicker once every half second, and that's when you & the enemy both can move around on the map. Battles are a random win/lose, and there is no cointinue, so if your "main character" dies, you get a big, fat, rubbed-in-your-face game over and have to start from the very beginning.

I should delete this game, but because it's so bad, part of me wants to keep it.

Last edited:
Twin Caliber
Underworld
The Crow (psx)
Driver (it's just a gta wannabe)
The Sims (it's not even a proper game)
Any final fantasy game after 9. (apart from 11)
can't think of anything alse, I'll keep you posted.

Have played numerous stupid games, but the name that comes to mind now is 'Serious Sam'

Serious Sam is a great game :D Its practically a parody of other first person shooters (doom and duke nukem come to mind), and it's just generally fun.
Especially when there are 2 players in co-op fleeing from an army of miniature bulls :p

I've never played it, I don't particularly want to play it, and I never will play it:

Little Britain: The Video Game, anyone?

Little Britain, the video game? I'll second that. I can't think of a worse premise for a game, even for a tv tie-in...