The Crown Of Stars, Book 7

I am a fallen angel..... I read so much my eyes hurt and I mistake you for nice girls in my momentary blindness...

I have a hundred pages left, the battle is just about to start... Wooo!! The thing is I am enjoying this book and these scenes for the first time, you lot are bored and wishing you had more to read. When I am finished I will decide if I am still in love with you girls. I have a mild affection for Gollum too. :)

Last edited:
I love reading in bed. Sometimes when I am at work and the place is empty, I lie down on the staff bed and read for an hour or two. I am not sure what I prefer, dreams of battles or dreams of a sexual nature. I am cool but don't be fooled - I am every inch the fantasy nerd. :)

I would fear to hear those words... :(

I am still reading the Crown of Stars... the problem with a geas in a book is that it is 100% likely to come true. So far my dream is very accurate except for certain details.

Who would have thought Arnulf? Spiteful old git.

Though Wolfhere did not do anything in truth. He was loyal to Arnulf until the end it would seem. I still have not finished reading yet but most of what I suspected has come to pass. Wickman is great. :)

I'm purposefully ignoring comments on this thread until I get my eager hands on the final book, which hopefully should be in the next couple of weeks....:( :(

Wickman is great. :)
I love Wickman! Has anyone figured out how he came into the power that he possessed? I knew at the end of The Gathering Storm that there was something strange about him.

Gollum... I would stay away hun because we are speaking of many spoilers now. Lace doesn't think nice things of us because of it. :)

Alia said:
Gollum... I would stay away hun because we are speaking of many spoilers now. Lace doesn't think nice things of us because of it. :)
No fear, I'm staying well clear of this thread as I literally just went to the bottom to post my comment.

Shall rejoin upon reading the final book...:D

*SPOILER*

I love it when he laughs at Sabella after throwing a knife into her neck. The Phoenix must have something to do with it Alia but I do not know. Wickman is like a child in his pursuit of violence. I like it when he says that nobody can best him now in combat when Sanglant dies (?)

Someone finished the book! Wooo hooo!

That was an interesting point in the story. But I'm thinking that Wickman had that ability prior to Phoenix. I don't know. :)

Am I the only one who can't stand Wickman? Yeah, he does redeem himself a small bit in the end, and it can be comical that he doesn't bother to keep his mouth shut when others do. But the rapes... I can't think well of him no matter what. He deserves a long and painful death.

We never see the rape though Arya. We only ever hear reference made to it. We do however see his bravery in battle, his lack of respect for his peers and his loyalty to Sanglant. He tries to prove himself to Sanglant throughout the series and I guess this makes him likeable by association.

Wickman bled for Wendar. Nobody save Luitgard could claim the same. Plus Wickman only spoke in the absence of Sanglant who he saw as the only person worthy to lead him. I also think Wickman became a better man because of Sanglant's influence. He was also a free speaker at court when everybody else was strangled by protocol.

Last edited: