The Crown Of Stars, Book 7

nixie said:
My copy arrived today
Sadly we won't get the book untill approx April but at least Bonehunters, which I know you now have Nixie, may not be too long in coming thanks to Cal....:D

Be thankful for small mercies hey?..:p

My copy of a Crown of Stars arrived yesterday morning at 7.30 am. The delivery bloke was pounding on my door on the only day I had decided to have a late start for work and consequently a lie in (it is hard being your own boss:) ). Any hopes of a lie in were shattered when fat bloke delivery man decided that the doorbell was insufficient and began to smash at my door. I answered the door naked (much to later embarrassment) and threw several expletives his way. Having had only 4 hours sleep in total over the previous 3 days I was about ready to remove the delivery man from my garden. Needless to say he did not ask me to sign for the delivery. :)

Kate I hope this book is worthy of depriving me of sleep. :)

Last edited:
It wasn't Kate who was pounding on your door, Lace! And if you are addicted to reading it and can't sleep because of that, then that's Kate's fault. ;)

Now I didn't say that, Nixie. I would just like to know what you think when you figure it out. :)

The book for me had some expected endings... and some unexpected. It's an interesting story, especially about Alain and Stronghand.

Alia said:
Now I didn't say that, Nixie. I would just like to know what you think when you figure it out. :)

The book for me had some expected endings... and some unexpected. It's an interesting story, especially about Alain and Stronghand.
So without giving away spoilers you thought the final book was up to Kate's usual standards and a strong ending to the series overall??....:confused:

We get the book next month, so I look forward to reading it then....:D

So without giving away spoilers you thought the final book was up to Kate's usual standards and a strong ending to the series overall??....:confused:
I'm thinking... Give me a day to stew things over and how I want to say them.

GOLLUM said:

I thought it was a strong ending. Except for one character, who I thought would have more of a defined "end of story." I'm sure Alia knows who I'm referring to. As for the rest, there were things about it that I quite liked.

AryaUnderfoot said:
I thought it was a strong ending. Except for one character, who I thought would have more of a defined "end of story." I'm sure Alia knows who I'm referring to. As for the rest, there were things about it that I quite liked.
I do know who you are referring to, Arya, which is why it makes it hard to write something up about it without giving anything away. I think I'll work on it tonight and see what I can do.

nixie said:
I've got about 90 pages left to read and I'm delaying finishing, as I think I've worked out was going to happen but I'm terrified it won't and I shall be left in puddles of tears:eek:
Keep reading Nixie. :)

I read on the sly but am also savouring the book. Afterall this is the last book... no more after this.. :confused:

There is more after this... apparently Kate is writing a Y A (Wooo Hooo) story with this same world but 300 hundred years in the future with Lavastine alive. So no I don't think this is the end...