Gaming Guessing Game

Marvellous.

Let's see who can get this one.

rtype-02.png

Ha! At last...

Ok, here's some pics from one of the best computer games ever made. Sorry for the small sizes.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 158
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 137
I loved that game, except i could never unlock the right technology to initiate the final mission. UFO: Enemy Unknown was great too, many hours were lost playing that on my Amiga (most of them lost on changing disc every 5 minutes).

IIRC you needed a live alien commander - from one of the bigger ships. I think I played at least three times through the first two games.

The favourite part was, when one of my bases in mediteranean was targeted for attack one time every week, the kill ratio guys in that base got was enormous.

Didn't like the third though and didn't even try the fourth one.

And as a added trivia: there is a book by a russian author Vassiljev, which was written after playing X-Com. Was a nice nostalgic story for me.

Yup, was TFTD. Great game. Me and my mate used to take it in turns playing it - 2 hours each, then swap over. Who said "geek"?

I never completed it - I too got stuck in the tech tree somewhere, looking for a live alien of some sort. I remember one level on a ship where I went through the whole thing about 4 times (literally) from room to room, looking for the last surviving baddy.

Turned out he was behind a door in one of the bathrooms :mad:

Me and a friend used to start the game and split the team between us, each moving and equiping our own soldiers. It was a good way of making a one player game into a multiplayer and made the whole experience more enjoyable.

And i lost count of the live alien commanders that i stunned to try and get the final mission. Invading alien bases was the best fun, popping in the command centre and firing a stun worked wonders. lol.

I got all misty eyed about it yesterday and downloaded an abandonware version for DOSBox :p The music got me all nostalgic... I'm going to give it more of a whirl today, around writing up my thesis :D

Never seen it before, but from looking at it, I'll make a wild guess: The first Heroes of Might & Magic game?