Trivia - PLEASE ALWAYS READ FIRST POST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Trivia

'Yes,' said Pippin. 'It was the 1417 crop, that is last year's; no, the year before, of course, now : a good year.'
The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, Book Three, Chapter IX, Flotsam and Jetsam.

You're surprisingly quick with finding the quotes. I can barely keep up! :D

Marky has it - it's the barrels of Longbottom Leaf washed up in the wreckage of Orthanc.

And Now:With His Amazing Performing Thingies!!!!.... Over To..... MR MARKYYYYYY LAZERRRRR!!! (Applause):D

What's the noise? Oh... it's Pyan shouting again :D

What kind of creature is the first one to get killed in the Lord of the Rings, and who does the slaying?

And you're not referring to Drogo Baggins, Frodo's father, allegedly pushed into the Brandywine and drowned by his wife, Primula?

"I've heard they went on the water after dinner in the moonlight" said Old Noakes:" and it was Drogo's weight as sunk the boat"
"And I heard she pushed him in, and he pulled her in after him," said Sandyman, the Hobbiton miller.
FotR, Book 1, Ch.1: A Long-Expected Party

This thread has certainly been through the wringer lately.....

As both Marky and Paige have moved on, I suppose it's up to the moderator to pose the next question. So:

Give three other names for Tom Bombadil, and the origin (which people, or race) used each name.

I havent got anytime to think about that one. Maybe if it hasnt been answered when I'm on next I'll have it.

Tom Bombadil was called Iarwain Ben-adar by the Elves, Forn by the Dwarves and Orald by Northern Men.

Bingo, Sibeling. For reference: The Fellowship of the Ring, Book II, Chapter 2: The Council of Elrond.

The floor is yours.....

Yay, I get to ask a question!! :D
A simple one then: Theoden's horse was Snowmane. What was the name of the horse's mother?

What two important things did the gaolers in Dol Guldur miss that had far-reaching results?

Not quite: I'd be standing as far back as possible if I were calling Gandalf a "thing"!

Status
Not open for further replies.