Park4.jpeg

I may be pushing what counts as 'art' but I do some astrophotography:
The plains, craters and highlands of the Moon:

Capture_00004.png

Saturn:

saturn cropped from video player.png

Jupiter:
Capture_00008 cropped.png

Jupiter with the exposure turned up to pick out its four largest moons (the four points of light arranged roughly in line with its equator):
Capture_00010. cropped and adjusted to show galileanspng.png

And the ISS - it never comes closer to my home than 650km, so with my wee refractor it's a victory to make out any detail at all...
ISS prev sequence sequel 11.png

...but I sort of suspect that here we're looking at it from (very approximately) this angle, with the big solar panels mostly edge on and showing their shadowed side:
iss from soyuz com;arison 3.png

Last edited:
Very cool @StilLearning! I need to do the same with my new scope. Good go at the ISS too!

I did the same with my SLR with a 500mm Cassegrainian lens and a 2X multiplier. By free hand! Talk about hitting a small moving target. I'll have to look for it and if I find it, I'll PM you. It came out a little blurry. Seems Infinity focus on the lens means just that! 1000K of less is too close. Go figure.

Very cool @StilLearning! I need to do the same with my new scope. Good go at the ISS too!

I did the same with my SLR with a 500mm Cassegrainian lens and a 2X multiplier. By free hand! Talk about hitting a small moving target. I'll have to look for it and if I find it, I'll PM you. It came out a little blurry. Seems Infinity focus on the lens means just that! 1000K of less is too close. Go figure.
OK, from this I now know that your hands are waaaaayyyy steadier than mine! :) I tried to get the ISS using my bridge camera and gave up, as it's got no manual focus option, and while the auto focus can cope with the Moon, or sunspots through a filter, the combination of the ISS being such a distant and such (relatively!) small object was just too much for it to handle. There's a lot of distortion from air turbulence too in the sequence of frames that one is taken from: That it's a double sided roughly rectangular shape, tilted (to my POV) at that angle, is consistent throughout, and what makes me content to share that shot as showing something of it's shape. But any finer detail than that I'm tempted to think I can see - no. It's a really challenging target.

Last edited:
Digital Christopher Lee.
The dioramas are based on Dracula AD 1972 poster images.

I probably won't attempt to print anything but the heads for customized statues.

Attachments

• christopher-lee-dracula-snarl-scream-collage.jpg
    christopher-lee-dracula-snarl-scream-collage.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 33
  • christopher-lee-draculaad72collage.jpg
    christopher-lee-draculaad72collage.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 38
My latest drawings

My favourite musician, YASHIRO (could've sworn I posted this one before). I framed it and gave it to her as a gift when I met her last month.

YASHIRO Birthday 2023 1a.jpg

And this is ARISA from the band DOLL PARTS, done for her birthday today - well, tomorrow, but it's already the 19th in Japan :)

ARISA Birthday 2023 1b.jpg

I have finally completed the new cover art for The Work of the Sun. This was done using stock photos from subscription sites, photos taken at home, then a bunch of photo manipulation with my ancient Photoshop Elements 10, iPhoto, and Image Tricks.

Still tinkering with the cover art for books one and two, which are considerably simpler, not making use of so much alchemical symbolism, but somehow are taking a lot of time to get right.

The Work of the Sun-Final??.jpg

Back