HELP!!! - I've read every Gemmell book!

$pikes

Gemmell is by far my favorite author. Please post other authors and series suggestions that are as good as David is. I've just finished reading every one of Gemmell's books and need some advice!

Thanks much!

I have read all of Gemmell's works except his new one. I have read virtually all of Feist too. Easy reads.

Thanks everyone! Much appreicated. I think I've read all of Feist and Hobb. I'll try your JV Jones suggestion.

Thanks Much!

Try these:
John Marco - Jackal of Nar, etc.
Terry Brooks - The Sword of Shannara, The Elfstones of Shannara, & The Wishsong of Shannara.
Terry Goodkind - Wizard's First Rule, The Stone of Tears, The Blood of the Fold - most of the others are not very good.
Stephen R. Donaldson - Thomas Covenant series and Mordant's Need duology.

Good luck.
Peace!
-g-

Lacedaemonian said:
Don't read anything by Terry Brooks! :confused:

Why not?
His first trilogy - Sword, Elfstones, and Wishsong of Shannara - are fantastic. Every lover of fantasy should read those.
He's kind of running the series in the ground now, but those first three are classics!
-g-

I found Terry Brooks a Tolkien wanna be... it's like everything I read was a part of LOTR with the names changed.

Try 'The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian' and 'The Bloody Crown of Conan' by Robert E Howard. David Gemmell is himself a great fan of Howard's:

“I adore these books. Howard had a gritty, vibrant style–broadsword writing that cut its way to the heart, with heroes who are truly larger than life. I heartily recommend them to anyone who loves fantasy.”
–DAVID GEMMELL

Lacedaemonian said:
Terry Brooks is a Hack.
Well, when you and Grievance write books that sell HALF as many copies and make the NY Times Bestseller lists, let me know.
-g-

Thanks for all the advice everyone. A friend gave me the Conan books by Coleman.. They are pretty good and "gemmell'ish" so far. Nothing's as good as the master though.

Best.. $pikes

$pikes said:
Thanks for all the advice everyone. A friend gave me the Conan books by Coleman.. They are pretty good and "gemmell'ish" so far. Nothing's as good as the master though.

Best.. $pikes
Actually I've always considered Howard to be the Master, at least the originator of Sword and Sorcery..;)

If you can afford it get the most authentically produced publications of Howard's Conan by Wandering Star publications in Hardback Editions and in Trade PB by Ballantine Books that's your best bet.

Genuine collector's items.

I'm sorry, but why haven't I seen the name Fritz Leiber mentioned? Or Jack Vance? How can we even talk about the Sword and Sorcery subgenre when two of the three "founders" for lack of better word, aren't even mentioned (the other of course being Robert Howard).
I have to admit, I haven't yet read Howard (he's on my shelf, for when I feel like more sword and sorcery novels), but I no longer read much Gemmell because IMO he simply can't compare to Leiber or Vance.