Fantasy Series- December Nominations

rune

rune
Now we can start nominating for Decembers series discussion.

I'm going to nominate The Banned and the Bannished by James Clemens.
It will win eventually :D

I'm sure it will;) . BTW, how many volumes does Clemens' series consist of?
I'll nominate the Morgaine saga by CJ Cherryh for the second time :D .

Ok I'll go for The Banned and the Bannished by James Clemens.

Why you ask? Well I've never read it and no nothing about it but I'd like to see Rune get a go...:D

Ok, I know that seems a little silly and you probably all think I've spent way too much time down in my basment BUT if it does get up I WILL read it prior to the discussion.

I'll vote for The Banned and the Banished by Clemens, too. Sounds kinda interesting. Plus no one seems to support my choices, so I should make my vote count!

Also - when nominating it may be an idea to post a little synopsis to help people choose. I stole this one for Wit'ch Fire, the first book in the series, from Amazon:

Amazon said:
Wit'ch Fire grabs you in the first scene, and doesn't let go until the very end. This is the beginning of a new fantasy series--the Banned and the Banished--by first-time author James Clemens, but its sophistication and style are reminiscent of experienced fantasists such as Guy Gavriel Kay and George R.R. Martin. Elena is "the wit'ch of spirit and stone," born of a deadly alliance between three powerful mages in fulfillment of prophecy. But can she learn how to use her powers in time to resist the forces of the Dark Lord? She is joined in her battle by some unlikely allies, but the motley crew may be the only hope for a threatened world. Clemens handles plot and characterization deftly, but the addition of lots of un'neccesary apos'trophes to let you know you're reading a fantasy is a little distracting. Still, Wit'ch Fire is a fast-moving, entertaining read that's definitely worth your time.

I'll vote for Clemens' Banned and Banished series again - I admit I've only read the first 3 books though, but I'd like to see whether anyone else agrees that the series deteriorated as it went on - all the reviews I've seen say the opposite, and I wonder why that's the case.

Culwch - lol, someone comparing Clemens to Kay and Martin! Clemens is closer to Eddings in style.

Gollum, read at least the first two, so you can discuss whether it improves/gets worse as the series goes on. (They aren't hard reading, so it's not like reading Erikson's Malazan series)

GOLLUM said:
Looks like you might've helped kickstart the Clemens bandwagon Rune.....;) ;)

Hope so, I would love to get able to participate in a series discussion :D

Votes so far for the December discussion :D -

The Banned and the Bannished by James Clemens – 4 vote

Morgaine saga by CJ Cherryh – 1 vote

Just a few more days to go until the end of this months nominations :)

Here's an update on the nominations so far -

The Banned and the Bannished by James Clemens – 4 vote

Morgaine saga by CJ Cherryh – 2 vote

This thread is now closed - the winner for next months discussion is - The Banned and the Bannished by James Clemens

Won't be long until we start discussing The Banned and the Bannished by James Clemens :)