Harry Potter, 8th Book?

Discussion in 'J K Rowling' started by Salazar, Sep 29, 2005.

Salazar

Salazar Enemy of Heaven and Hell

Potter Fans, this is an article I found on the internet

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
    Alia

Alia Young at Heart

Interesting...
    True... I doubt it. I wish it was. I actually do enjoy Potter and his adventures!
    Rane Longfox

Rane Longfox Red Rane

*cough*chequemonkey*cough*

more of these add-ons will no doubt continue to trickle out for years and years. I'm cynical about them personally, but thats just me, of course;)

That said, I would probably still buy it, if it was done properly:)
    dwndrgn

dwndrgn Fierce Vowelless One Staff Member

AZDMIN16

AZDMIN16 Love is the best

As much as I think we'd all like to hear that she's going to write another book after Harry's schooling is over, I don't think it's going to happen. Many people have asked her to continue telling his story, and what happens to him after school, but she's never agreed to doing so. I'd love to see her write another book after Year 7 telling us what happens in his future life, but I know I'll probably be disappointed like others that it'll never come out. I guess it will be up to us (her fans) to imagine what would happen later on, and to keep the story living within ourselves.
    Alexa

Alexa traveller space dreamer

Everything has an end. Another volume will pass the adventure to adults and unfortunately not all of them are interested. In my opinion, 7 volumes are enough to find out who will be the winner, Harry or Voldermort.
    Midgit

Midgit New Member

I think seven is enough. Besides what will Rowlling write about in the 8th book because it's all based around Harry and Hogwarts
    mikeo

mikeo now with Dentyne!

As the original post says, it'll just be "outtakes," so it'll be whatever her editors managed to convince her to remove from the previous books. Judging from the size of her recent books, book eight is going to be thin. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually licenses the Hogwarts world to someone though - there's a goldmine in spinoff books just waiting to happen. (Which isn't to say that the main series hasn't been a goldmine in it's own right.)
    rune

rune rune

You never know, she may kill Harry off in the 7th book!
    Psychogirl

Psychogirl Confused...

I hope she does! It'd kill just about everyone who reads the books!
    The Time Traveller

The Time Traveller Retro-Future is/was here

An 8th book, does that mean there will be a 8th movie. It could all be DVD extras.
    Oberondreams

Oberondreams Oberon King of the Fairys

I doubt she will ever license the rights out to anyone. Shes very very VERY protective of her work. Its almost like an invisible child to her. I doubt should would let someone else do it, even if they are just spin-offs. Besides... she's got enough money to last her a lifetime... and more...
    purple_kathryn

purple_kathryn Uberly purple

As much as I love Harry Potter I think I would be a little disappointed with JKR if she brought out an 8th novel - that smacks of selling out.

However if she wants to produce an HP encyclopedia or other such "reference" books I really don't take issue with it - I don't buy those anyways. If the article is correct and she would donate the proceeds to charity I would commend her for it.
    alicebandassassin

alicebandassassin New Member

i have to say i agree if she did an eighth book it would smell off presure to make that little bit more out off a subject streched to far
    purple_kathryn

purple_kathryn Uberly purple

Would anyone actually classify a reference book as an 8th book though? I thought there were already a couple of books like that out (well one about the rules of Quidditch anyways)
    Lillone101

Lillone101 author in the making

it will probably fill in some of the gaps and give information we didn't now about certian characters all hidden in a storry of harry when he is older with a family or somthing he has unfineshed buissnes with some one or somthink like that anyway.
    so i think it would be a good idea as well as a bad idea
    dragula_66

dragula_66 New Member

I think a prequal or two could be good. i'd kinda like 2 know more about how things got started, and leading up 2 harry potter.
    Sharkey

Sharkey New Member

That would be fun. I f Harry does not beat Voldemort in the seventh book then there would be need of an eighth book, but if he does then it should end at seven. Prequals would be a cool idea though. I just would not want the HP seris to be like everything else the same poor shmuck gets every badguy in the universe mad at him, and it is a never ending cycle of"look who has come to save the day!".
    Roheryn

Roheryn Far Dareis Mai

I think that it would be kinda cool if it were an Encyclopedia... but that really isn't an eight book, it is more an info book...
    bookaholic

bookaholic Smile, Harry Rocks!

im not sure... harry potter is good but an 8th book? i think she should only do 7