Most ANNOYING Star Wars character?

Anakin ... hands down and no competition whatsoever not even from Jar Jar Binks.

Where did the mythical long-anticipated Jedi vanish to? And those lines of his. I swear if I was planning to run off with a guy and he spouted those line, I'd have been either rolling on the floor laughing or totally apalled. Either way, that would have been the end of the relationship.

He seemed to have spent his whole time pouting, sulking or raging against the unfairness of it all in between killing people in a totally unrealistic fashion. Absolute let-down. Maybe it was my fault for anticipating too much.

No, that wasn't it. After the last two, my expectations were somewhere in the sub-sub-basement level, and I was still disappointed (although there were some nice visuals, of course; totally ludicrous, but speaking strictly as to use of composition, color, etc., quite nice).

Which leads to something that properly, I suppose, should belong to the Star Wars TV thread: I have to disagree. At all costs, the only thing Lucas should have to do with this thing is his share of the profits as he owns the rights to the damn thing. Keep him away from anything having to do with the creative end of it, please!!!!

:) have to agree. I grew up with the first batch of Star Wars movies along with stuff like Blade Runner and Clash of the Titans and Sinbad.

Then they said they were making three new Star Wars movies and re-doing the first three. Was not too keen at all on the re-done versions. They seemed all wrong somehow but was very much anticipating the new ones.

Then the first one happened and I was thoroughly dissapointed but hope is a sneaky little things and keeps surfacing. The 2nd one was so much worse. It had all that awful dialogue and the third one had holes in the plot big enough to stuff whole worlds into.

George Lucas should stick with maybe the special effects and merchandising and leave the creative end to others better able to do it.

The most annoying character in any of the Star Wars movies is Natalie Portman.I say NP instead of her character`s name because I didn`t buy her performance for a second.She has no acting ability and a total lack of sex appeal.Compare her with Princess Leia.Carrie Fisher`s delicious breasts wiggling in her cotton dress in "A New Hope"....or the slave girl outfit in "Return of the Jedi".The annoying part is Natalie Portman SHOULD be sexy,she`s gorgeous.But damn,she is just annoying as hell.

Winters_Sorrow said:
My most annoying character was Anakin :)

Indeed!! I concur. Wholeheartedly. If it weren't for Hayden Christensen's bad acting skillz and Lucas's need for cliched romances, I would have enjoyed the newer films 10X as much.

The only time I didn't think that Anakin was annoying was when Watto appeared. At that point, I just wanted to dunk my head in a vat of pirannhas.

'nuff said.

Coolhand said:
For me it was Anakin.
I loathed Jar Jar, but then, I never had any high expectations for the gawky bumbling, flappy eared idiot.

I had huge expectations for Anakin.

In Ep 1 I was expecting a mystical, powerful, slightly unsettling child who promised greatness with a subtle hint of danger.
What I got was a blonde 50's public information film reject.
"Gee-Wizz Mr Qui-Gon. Is that a Laser-sword? Mooooom. I fell down again."

In Ep2 I was expecting a Jedi prodegy, powerful and charismatic yet almost too passionate, with terrible hints that his power and abilities were outstripping his control.
What I got was a whiney adolecent who's stock phrase seemed to be "it's not fair."

In Ep3 I was expected a tormented warrior, a good man but with a lust for power and a love he could not afford to have, who's flawed but understandable choices would lead him down a tragic and terrible road.
What I got was a whiney twenty something who spent most of the movie playing "I love you more" with his wife and was so stupid that he actually lost a lightsaber fight by jumping into the blade.

EEkk.

Sorry, I had to quote the whole thing because it's all true. Hardcore true. Like, if Superman walked in the room and said all that, you KNOW it's the truth because he never lies.

What a sad, sorry state of affairs the new trilogy is in....

Eradius Lore said:
jar-jar or those dam little ewoks, they are the most annoying things ever. how could little things like that beat the empires best legion of stormtroopers.:mad:
i have 2 agree wiv u man they are weird little annoying creatures tht speak gibberish

Stormtroopers have to played down in skill in order to get a cinematic hero experience. Anyway, Jar-Jar needs to be boiled slowly in acid.
(I'm such a nice guy, really)

Joel007 said:
Stormtroopers have to played down in skill in order to get a cinematic hero experience. Anyway, Jar-Jar needs to be boiled slowly in acid.
(I'm such a nice guy, really)
yh tht shuld happen cuz he is a freak n must die a slow and painful death