Most ANNOYING Star Wars character?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by fungi from Yuggoth, Jun 28, 2005.

fungi from Yuggoth

fungi from Yuggoth bzzzzbzzzz

I guess a lot of people are going to automatically say Jar Jar Binks, but personally I couldn't stand that pointless robot thing, General Greivous. I mean aside from the point that he walked like an ostrich, spoke like a terminal emphysema patient, and wielded four lightsabers in one of the stupidest lightsaber battles ever, he even out-Vadered Vader. And that is criminal! Part of the coolness that is Darth Vader is the fact that he is more machine than man, a virtual cyborg. Then along comes this ridiculous excuse for a character and completely negates Vader's uniqueness. Bah, General Grevious, I spit on thee!
    Green

Green Sick and Tired

Jar-Jar Binks. No contest.
    Azash

Azash mushroom lord

I agree with you:) , but Jar-Jar binks has to be most annoying.:mad:
    Eradius Lore

Eradius Lore Science fiction fantasy

jar-jar or those dam little ewoks, they are the most annoying things ever. how could little things like that beat the empires best legion of stormtroopers.:mad:
    Calis

Calis Science fiction fantasy

Jar Jar.

Grievous was cool. even the name is cool.
    Calis

btw Grievous pointless?

his death signified the end of the clone wars until Sidious revealed himself.
    Brian Turner

Brian Turner Brian G. Turner Staff Member

Not seen III, but I hear a lot of it was pointless...

Jar Jar wins until then. :)
    Calis

well i just ruined most of the pointless parts for you. Sorry.

What is interesting however is if people would think it is pointless if episodes 4 5 and 6 were not made. And then would people think episodes 4 5 and 6 sucked and just wanted to see Luke take on Vader, like they wanted to see Anakin turn into Vader in the prequels.
    killerbob

killerbob Let's fly and DESTROY ALL

Jar-Jar

Because they were had all the luck in the world.
    I can't believe that they only lost one!:mad:
    stormbard

stormbard battlebard

To be honest, I don't have any, I suppose I'm one of those rare people that love all the characters.
    Jar Jar is kind, gentle, thoughtful, sincere and prone to mistakes. What's wrong with that? I love the fact that my kids love Jar Jar, as he's the perfect role-model for them, teaching them among other things that you can be an outsider or 'different' and still have inherent worth. In fact, I personally believe that it does you credit.
    Grievous is an interesting one, I can see your point Fungi, but I don't agree at all, as he's one of my favourite characters in any of the films. Just a personal thing.
    Calis, I never thought of it in quite that way before, very good, and I agree completely.
    Oh, and as far as the Ewoks go, I personally love them, and I've thought of a few reasons for their success on Endor, but regardless, they're cute, cuddly and love the great outdoors, so what's not to like!
    alexhurry

alexhurry New Member

Most definetely Viceroy. Not so much for his lines or for what he does. It's just that damn stupid voice!

We ha no cat thor jedi masta

Or something along those lines.
    Azash

Azash mushroom lord

the droids in ROTS were extremly annoying.:mad:

They made some sarcastic and R2D2 was able to destroy two heavy battle droids with oil and his jet thrusters.:confused: :mad:
    Winters_Sorrow

Winters_Sorrow Unreg. Mutant Moderator Staff Member

My most annoying character was Anakin :)
    Azash

Azash mushroom lord

killerbob

killerbob Let's fly and DESTROY ALL

Which film?
    Winters_Sorrow

Winters_Sorrow Unreg. Mutant Moderator Staff Member

I, II & III - didn't see too much of him again until VI and he was dying so I didn't mind that.

Why?
    He was a whinging, petulant boy-child with a christ complex.
    I found the whole 'virgin birth' concept distasteful to say the least, and the needlessly messianic portrayal of him made me feel very uncomfortable.

There was no need for it. Just say he was a supremely skilled Jedi and unusually strong in the force. To turn him into a sci-fi, kick-ass Jesus was in incredibly poor taste. (Before you ask, I have similar reservations about Neo's role in the Matrix)

I thought his actual character was incredibly two-dimensional with no sense of why did what he did, what his hopes/fears/dreams/aspirations were. I never felt that he loved Amidala (although this could just be down to his bad acting and zero onscreen chemistry between the 2 of them) and apart from that, he didn't seem to care about anything else. For three 2hr+ movies, there wasn't much in them but fight after fight with sparse bits of self-important dialogue in between them.

Anakin in the prequels was essentially a very flat and poorly fleshed out vehicle for lightsaber fights.
    I think Yoda & Mace have a similar lack of depth in the prequels. They're just there to explain the plot and talk in riddles.
    Yoda has much more depth in V & VI as does Anakin (aka Vader)

On reflection, I enjoyed Star Wars I the most of the prequels. There was more of a story there (even if it was about Trade Wars ..zzzzzzz) and the villain was better.
    Azash

Azash mushroom lord

you do have a point:) be he still isn't as annoying as the damm ewoks and jar-jar:mad:
    Eradius Lore

Eradius Lore Science fiction fantasy

too right dam ewoks:mad:
    Green

Green Sick and Tired

Seriously, you think Jar-Jar Binks is a good role model? All he teaches in the film is that stupidity will always be rewarded, as long as you smile.
    Calis

AND bad table manners and theft.