Blast from the Past: Earth: Final Conflict

Discussion in 'Earth Final Conflict' started by The Master™, Jun 26, 2005.

The Master™

The Master™ Science fiction fantasy

In the early twenty-first century Earth is visited by an alien alien race, the Taelons. They claim they wish to share knowledge with the rest of humanity in the hopes of getting to know us better. William Boone is assigned protector of Da'an, the Taelon "companion" for North America. But Boone is really working for the human resistance who are trying to learn the Taelons' true motives, which may not be as generous as they claim. At the end of the first season Boone was killed by the taelons. His character was replaced by Liam Kincaid. An alien hybrid taking on the persona of a former comrad of Boone's. We learn in Season 2 that the taelons are at war with another alien race, the Jaridians, and that earth has a key role in this conflict. He joined in Season Three with another double agent Renee Palmer. As season four drew to a close, the Taelons and the Jaridians were on the verge of extinction. Ironically, their last chance for survival was to join with one another. This joining caused the Atavus to be unleashed upon the earth bringing about the final conflict. Renee becomes a fierce crusader on a mission to expose and destroy the Atavus before they take over the world.
    By the end of the series the Atavus are returned to their homeworld setting right the ancient wrong of the Atavus leaving their home

"They are the Companions. Aliens, come to earth on a mission of peace. Their true mission, the secrets they hide, forever alter humanity. In the struggle for our planet, the battle between these Taelon Companions and the Human Resistance, holds the key to Earths future and the fate of mankind. On EARTH: Final Conflict"

Cast:
    Lisa Howard
    Role: Lili Marquette (1997-1999)
    Richard Chevolleau
    Role: Marcus "Augur" Deveraux (Season 1-4)
    Jayne Heitmeyer
    Role: Renee Palmer (Season 2-5)
    Von Flores
    Role: Ronald Sandoval (Season 1-5)
    Kevin Kilner
    Role: William Boone (Season1)(Recurring Season 5)
    Geoffrey Pounsett
    Role: Mothership Engineer
    Melinda Deines
    Role: Juliet Street (2000-2002)
    Guylaine St-Onge
    Role: Juda (2001-2002)
    David Hemblen
    Role: Jonathan Doors (Season1- 3)
    Anita La Selva
    Role: Zo'or (1998-2001)
    Robert Leeshock
    Role: Liam Kincaid (Season 2-4)(Recurring Season 5)
    Leni Parker
    Role: Da'an (1997-2001)
    Alan Van Sprang
    Role: Howlyn (Season 5)
    Majel Barrett
    Role: Dr. Belman
    Frank Moore
    Role: Hubble Urick
    William de Vry
    Role: Joshua Doors
    Richard Zeppieri
    Role: Tate
    John Evans
    Role: Morovsky
    Miranda Kwok
    Role: Kwai-Ling
    Noam Jenkins
    Role: Assistant Director Patrichio
    Kari Matchett
    Role: Becket
    Janet Kidder
    Role: Julia Cook
    Alia

Alia Young at Heart

Watched a lot of these episodes, and wouldn't mind watching them again!
    The Master™

Beginning ones with William Boone, but the Liam Kincaid sucked big time (part Taelon/part Human/Part Jaridian)... Managed to spring up from being a baby, to being fully formed over night and then stopped??? YEAH RIGHT!!! ;)
    Alia

Alia Young at Heart

Those were the later episodes if I remember right... and I didn't watch but a few of them. It was the older ones that were very interesting. Is there a book(s) out about this series? I thought I saw one at the book store.
    Traveller

Traveller To the moon and stars

This was a great show in the beginning but like all things that go on and on it got repetative and predictable.

Loved Boone even liked Kincaid at first but was always wishing his other none human sides would show up and save the day.
    Princess Ivy

Princess Ivy Damsel in this dress

this one had its moments. sometimes it was very watchable, others i couldn't stand it.
    The Master™

It was such a laugh watching as the series deteriorated, when several of the lead actresses desided to get pregnant, and all hell broke loose!!! :D
    Princess Ivy

i missed big chuncks of it 1st time round. have caught up on re-runs. so i missed the gossip.
    ajdecon

ajdecon Mad Scientist

The show was pretty decent, and even creative, through the first part with Boone and even once Liam Kincaid showed up. Sure, some episodes were dumb, but that happens with any series.

When Kincaid, the Taelons and Jaridians were all thrown out, though, and some new breed of alien conspiracy was brought in, the series seemed to lose touch with the original feel (and good writing). I actually flipped to it at one point, and watched for 20 minutes before realizing that it was E:FC.
    The Master™

But you could tell from some of the ideas/technologies that Gene Roddenberry came up with the ideas for the show in the 1970's... "Skrill"??? ;)
    Princess Ivy

yep, and like andromeda (though i do enjoy that as well) it never quite lived up to startrek:D
    The Master™

They just didn't get the following of Star Trek...

There was another series created by Gene Roddenberry, something I seem to remember called "Ark"... Have to see if I can find further information...