Favorite Kate Elliott character?

Alia

Young at Heart
I have read a few different books that Kate has published and was thinking about this idea for a day or two. As many of you know she writes both Sci/Fi and Fantasy. Out of all of her stories who are your favorite characters and why?

I have two, one male and one female...
The male is from the Jaran series, Bakhtiian... because I have always enjoyed the history of Genghis Khan and Bakhtiian was based on Genghis Khan type person and it really shows in Kate's books.
The female is Rosvita from The Crown of Stars series because her endless curiosity and her level headness... She's a well rounded individual...

My favourite character is Alain because hes a beautiful, lovely, sensitive person.

I just wanna pick him up and put him in my pocket:D
Sorry its not a very intellectual response, im not in a clever mood tpday:rolleyes:

Lacedaemonian said:
I am torn between Hugh and old Terror. I also liked the retard who got fed to the Gwyvre (???).

Ah, Lace... you'd be creamed here in the US for being so un-PC.

My favorite characters are a tie between Hanna and Alain.

Wrong over here too. :)

My favourite character would have to be Sanglant. Very tough choice however.

Because if you haven't noticed not only am I not afraid to be wrong but I embrace it and defend my wrongness to the last. There's a lot to be said about being wrong.

I've noticed Lacey...
And I'm sure if I asked you not to you will anyways, tells us what there is to be said about being wrong. But please don't... not on the thread anyways... ;)

I found it almost impossible to find my favourite character, each has qualities that I like and each has qualities I despise. I do love Sanglant for his oh-so-manliness and I do love Alain for ...well I just love Alain. I favoured Liath at the beginning of the series, but now as I have progressed I have found that I favour Rosvita, she is a perfect character with all the qualities I love. Lackling's short lived..ness was awesome too...he was so adorable.

My favourite Elliott character is Sanglant, no question. Of course I like Alain, but I liked him better in the first 2 volumes when he belonged in the ranks of the nobility... just kidding;) .

My favourite female character would be Theophanu. She's so secretive, but at the same time very intelligent, totally opposed to Sapientia, who IMHO is very irritating.
I haven't read the jaran series, so my choice was limited.

Ivar is currently my favourite, but I fear for him. Strong hand is also fairly cool. His affected personality due to his link with Alain is just excellent. I would also like to be Sorgantini's pura... ah geeky fantasies! :)

You know is hard to choose a favourite character from the series,it be easier to decide who I hated.There was so many great characters...Rosvita, Hannah,Ivar, Heribert,Bertha,Theophanu to name but a few.Alain was in class of his own.

I have to admit I have some attraction toward Wickman... but Alexandros? No way!!! Wolfhere... couldn't stand him at all.

Rosvita still has my vote on this subject! Sanglant, aka the sex god, is a close second. :)

**Spoilers***

Alexandros killing Antonio was just the best scene in the book!!

I also find it hard to take Hugh seriously as bad man.... he just seems so gentle.

Wolfhere has so many plus points. Of all the mystery and mystique in this series, he stands out as the man with the most unanswered questions.