Favourite TV Shows

does anyone remeber the show Brimstone with John Glover (Smallville)

Faves Farscape, Smallville, ER, Stargate,

Sorry i'm a Sci-Fi Buff!

simpsons
charmed
scrubs
i like nip tuck these days, didn't at first
i loved lexx when that was on. that was crazy :)
home and away, the only soap i watch
as if. i like teen angst shows
blackadder, esp series 2 and 3.
that 70s show
malcom in middle :)
i LOVE house, and find that amusing, seeing hugh laurie so different from thick prince george :)
quantum leap
twin peaks
casualty
i liked red dwarf up to series 4/5
i liked buffy, except the last series. that was so amaingly duill! never liked angel.
tripods, as akid. got that on dvd now. in fact, i love most of the old kids tv shows from the early 80s, dognation, cities of gold, dungeons and dragons. big 80s tv freak i am :) but taht was when i was growing up
(half of these i nicked from the rest of you. would never have been able to remember them by meself!)

hmm. i like a lot of tv! there are more things that i like, but these tend to be things that get me excited, or i can't stop thinking about, or i will chat all geekily like to other people :)

i have moments with them. bean i liked more when i was young, the young ones i like, and bottom. i like that too. rik mayl and adrian edmonson are just great tho. i love british humour, its so violent and strange.

see i have done some doublepousting, sorry, had some troubles with the server. If the moderator would be so kind to remove the first in line, it(d be highly appreciated

the bad thing about those British series is that they mostly don't make it to the Belgian screen, so I have to browse through the foreign networks ins search of goodies.

i have a dutch friend who says the same :( but at least it means you don't get half the rubbish as well. adn there is far more rubbish than good!

There are not many shows on TV that I watch.

I watch Stargate now and again. The only other show lately has been Alias, I quite like action movies.

Many moons ago I watched the Young Ones. So many comedy programes from Britain were so entertaining.

Now, I watch mostly the documentaries on flora, fauna, history and the various countries. They are always so interesting. Oh, and of course the sports - cricket, Aussie Rules and of course the motor racing.

However, for me a good book is much better than the shows that are on the TV these days.

I don't have permanent access to a T.V so I hardly ever get to watch every episode in a series, let alone a whole show. But here is a selection of telly programmes I love, and have loved;

Lost
Scrubs
Sea of Souls
Casualty
Stargate
The X-Files
Red Dwarf
Big Wolf on Campus (?)
Student Bodies ....

Hmmm, even though I don't know how, I shall edit later.

That'll be Firefly and Scrubs for me.

I kind of liked LOST for a while, but that show dosen't work in the long run. Always making up new plot threads and never ever explaining anything. Anyone can do that, it requires no talent, just imagination. They're in way over their heads with that show.

Thadlerian said:
That'll be Firefly and Scrubs for me.

I kind of liked LOST for a while, but that show dosen't work in the long run. Always making up new plot threads and never ever explaining anything. Anyone can do that, it requires no talent, just imagination. They're in way over their heads with that show.

A lot of people complain about the writers never explaining everything, but they are, little by little. Frankly I couldnt care less if they explain anything or not. To me the mystery and the charaters is what keeps me coming back. The show is more character driven rather than plot driven and that requires talent and imagination. My single gripe is over the reruns they keep showing.

I have to list Lost as my current favorite.
Some distant 2nds:
Smallville, Supernatural, Nip/Tuck, Surface

Has anyoen compared 'Lost' to 'The X-files' yet? The way the intrique and conspiracies jsut keep you coming back, even though you know it's becoming more and more of a farce.

Trey Greyjoy said:
Frankly I couldnt care less if they explain anything or not. To me the mystery and the charaters is what keeps me coming back. The show is more character driven rather than plot driven and that requires talent and imagination.
I totally agree. Lost is my current favourite.

I kind of know how you feel Cornelius. I didn't bother taping the ninth Doctor Who and by the time I really got into it (i.e the second episode) I figured I'd just buy the dvd. Then I heard about the boxset. The sacred boxset. Months later I heard about the price and choked on my coffee. I maybe be able to afford it sometime in the new year :)

As for Lost (the second best T.V series this year, I think everyone will agree) I had no choice but to tape every episode just so that I could see it. But my younger sisters mesed up the video recorder. Argh. So i haven't seen the last 4/5 episode of the first series. So thats yet another boxset I'll be forking out for. Except that over here, we have only got the first few episodes on one dvd and the last few on another. Apparently you can import dvds that have the whole series in one set.

We could order the whole first serie the day before the last episode came on. Still, that doesn't get me near the second series.

I'll have to watch other series in stead.

i have a couple more shows to add to my list, one is Veronica Mars, that's a great show. also Over There turned out to be just as good as i hoped, i like Surface and Threshold (i'm loving the amount of new sci-fi out lately), Wife Swap is a guilty pleasure, as is Miss Match, Drawn Together is a riot ("i've got a mayonaise mama on my lickin' hole, and we've only just begun...").
and one of my faves i think i forgot to mention last time is INVADER ZIM!!