Knife of Dreams FINISHED!

I starting to wonder if I'll get to see the ending of the series before I die. What a let down that would be, to pass away right before Tarmon Gaidon. Not that I plan on dieing anytime soon, but accidents happen. The last book CoT was the only one I had to trudge through but I believe we are going to start to tie up loose ends. I am really looking forword to next month, and November too when when the next ASoIaF book comes out.

tonic said:
Everyone reads but nobody posts...What do you guys think about this?
I can't say I'm very excited. I devoured the series at first, but once it became a slow-moving, crawling, uncontained beast, I lost all interest. If Robert Jordan cannot stay focused on his own story, why should I?

I said:
Orbit have it down for release in October. Any thoughts on it yet?
Only thoughts/observations I have on it is that its narrative supposedly returns to the faster paced earlier books and that a number of loose ends are tied up from all reports as Tarmon Gai'don, the Last Battle nears it climax.

On the other hand, some reviewers are saying it doesn't progress as much as was hoped or expected and that Rand apparently makes only a brief appearance in this book...:(

Like all good things the proof will be in the pudding...:D

GOLLUM said:
and that Rand apparently makes only a brief appearance in this book...:(
How can that be? Isn't this supposed to be the big buildup before the climactic finish? If that is so - and certainly the early hype is claiming as much - one would think the main character around which the whole Wheel of Time series revolves would come into play for said buildup.

I look forward to seeing what people say after actually reading the book, because while I cannot muster the will to finish the series, I am interested in the ongoing soap opera of reaction to each new book.

I'll let you know Shoe..:D

Brian and to anyone else I've just picked up a copy of Knife Of Dreams today in the city at a local bookshop so I assume it must be out elsewhere already..:D

I paid half the RRP too, life's hard sometmies I know...:cool:

Last edited:
I really want to read it but I way to tight to buy hard back lets just hope its on par with the early books I am anyway I keeping a possitive view on it, it will be a good book, repeat after me, it will be a good book, it will be a good book........

Jason_Taverner said:
I really want to read it but I way to tight to buy hard back lets just hope its on par with the early books I am anyway I keeping a possitive view on it, it will be a good book, repeat after me, it will be a good book, it will be a good book........
It WILL be a good book ;) Have the money in my hot little hands all ready :D

You have the book already preciousssss? :p
It had better be in my bookshop :eek:

Rosemary said:
You have the book already preciousssss? :p
It had better be in my bookshop :eek:
Let us knowe when you spot in in Wait Awhile..:D

GRRM Feast Of Crows I'll be picking up on Wednesday from Dymocks, not bad for OZ...:D

GOLLUM said:
On the other hand, some reviewers are saying it doesn't progress as much as was hoped or expected and that Rand apparently makes only a brief appearance in this book...:(

Like all good things the proof will be in the pudding...:D

Yup... first paragraph is correct.
It is the best book since Lord of Chaos though, so thats got to be worth something.
Some odds and ends tied up, not too many baths and dresses ;)
He's gonna have to go some to tie it all in in Book 12.