Favorite Twilight Zone Episodes

The Monsters are due on Maple Street. Scarily realistic, and just as relevant today as when it was released at the height of the Cold War. A damning indictment on the human race's ability to revert to a state of paranoia and distrust at slightest provocation.

This episode holds up a mirror for the human race, and we do not like what we see.

The Monsters are due on Maple Street. Scarily realistic, and just as relevant today as when it was released at the height of the Cold War. A damning indictment on the human race's ability to revert to a state of paranoia and distrust at slightest provocation.

This episode holds up a mirror for the human race, and we do not like what we see.

Timeless.

I did try and find The Twilight Zone to binge watch when i first got Netflix and Prime, but couldn't find it. I've seen very few episodes, but the Bookworm stuck with me.

That's the one. Bergess Meridith played the bookworm henpecked by his wife for reading all of the time. A wonderful story.

I have seen nightmare at 30, 000 feet, but found it to be a little overrated.

I liked most episodes but I'd agree that nightmare at 30,000 feet is a bit weak compared to most of the others.

Judgment Night Its 1942 and Karl Lancer a passenger on traveling on the Freighter The Queen Glasgow has no memory of boarding this ship but has a feeling of impending doom.

A Stop at Willoughby - the last screen is a cracker. But there are many others I like.

The Bookworm who broke his only pair of glasses? If so, that is quite memorable.
His boss at the bank was jerk and his wife was a miserable mean spirted old hag who treated him like crap and wouldn't let him read.

That's the one. Bergess Meridith played the bookworm henpecked by his wife for reading all of the time. A wonderful story.

I have seen nightmare at 30, 000 feet, but found it to be a little overrated.

He appeared in several Twilight Zone Episodes . The best of them is The Obsolete Man where he plays Romney Wordsworth a man conceded to die for being obsolete. He and Fritz weaver who plays his nemesis The Chancellor were both amazing in that episode. This a a Truly great epidote of Television ! :cool:

Last edited:
A Stop at Willoughby - the last screen is a cracker. But there are many others I like.

A great ending . I also like the scene were he snapped and insulted his overbearing jackass of a boss. :cool:

I did try and find The Twilight Zone to binge watch when i first got Netflix and Prime, but couldn't find it. I've seen very few episodes, but the Bookworm stuck with me.

Twilight Zone is one of those series that never seeks to make it to subscription services. There are occasional episodes on some of the more obscure satellite channels, but interspersed with adverts and not the clearest picture.

I took the plunge and purchased the blu ray boxset of the original b&w series. I got it for around £60, and whilst it's far from cheap it was a purchase I've not regretted.

The original b&w series of TV is still the standard by which more modern types of these anthology show are judged, and (imho) compulsory viewing for viewers, readers and authors of science fiction and fantasy.

Many of the radio adaptations are freely available to listen to on YouTube, and well worth checking out.

The Night of the Meek.
Art Carney on a binge, finds Santa's bag. And it goes from there.
Charming.

Note: I didn't like Bookworm, as even when I saw it as a kid it seemed that he could always have found a pair of cheater specs. I got the point, it just seemed a little unrealistic. A crit that I would almost never use to question TZ.

Was The Tooth Fairy on Twilight Zone, or was it Outer Limits.
Anyway, I remember it well. About a dentist who wanted to be liked.

And When The Sky Opened With Rod Taylor (Colonel Clegg Forbes) , and Charles Aidman ( Colonel Ed Harrington) Jim Hutton ( Major William Gart. The story opens in the aftermath of Two astronauts safely resting from a less then successful spaceflight of a top secret space vehicle . Colonel Clegg remembered that there was in fact three astronaut Himself , Colonel Ed Harrington and Major William Gart . The problem is nobody but him seems to remember Ed Harrington at all. It like he never existed. This one is based upon the short story Disappearing Act by Richard Matheson .

"What You Need": A strange man named Pedott carries around a box that contains whatever a person may need. I love this exchange between him and the unsavory character who abuses this gift.

Pedott : It must stop now!
Fred Renard : Why? Why does it have to stop?
Pedott : Because the things you need most, I can't supply.
Fred Renard : What are they?
Pedott : Serenity, peace of mind, humor, the ability to laugh at oneself. Those are the things you need most, but it is beyond my power to give them to you.

Last edited:
"What You Need": A strange man named Pedott carries around a box that contains whatever a person may need. I love this exchange between him and the unsavory character who abuses this gift.

Pedott : It must stop now!
Fred Renard : Why? Why does it have to stop?
Pedott : Because the things you need most, I can't supply.
Fred Renard : What are they?
Pedott : Serenity, peace of mind, humor, the ability to laugh at oneself. Those are the things you need most, but it is beyond my power to give them to you.
Based on what to me was a better version, the short story by the great Lewis Padgett (Henry Kuttner & Catherine Moore)
But give Serling credit for using the greats.
It was also in Tales of Tomorrow, a series that some took to be the inspiration for Twilight Zone.

A Game of Pool with Jonathan Winters( James Howard Fats Brown) and Jack Krugman ( Jess Cardiff) In the story Jessie Cardiff is man who eats, drinks and sleeps pool. He's devoted every waking moment of his existence to the game because he wants to be the greasiest ever . Overshadow him is Fats Brown who was the greatest and , who now deceased. Cardiff s greatest wish is to dethrone Brown who even deceased is still the Greste ever , comes down from Heaven and challenges Jessie Cardiff to a life and death game of pool. If he's loses he dies. , if he wins he'll be the greatest of all but , there is a very interesting catch to that part of it . :cool:

Last edited:
Judgment Night is high up the list. It's a suspense film in 25 minutes, and while the ending is one you can see coming a mile away, the story does a lot to make the outcome feel very much deserved.

Where is Everybody? is another great one. I've always had a fondness for creepy scenes of places being dead silent and empty when they're normally bustling with noise and activity, and this is a great example of that. The ending would function well as a more realistic take on the Twilight Zone in general if it wasn't the very first episode.

Based on what to me was a better version, the short story by the great Lewis Padgett (Henry Kuttner & Catherine Moore)
But give Serling credit for using the greats.
It was also in Tales of Tomorrow, a series that some took to be the inspiration for Twilight Zone.
Yup, I saw that version. Rod's version is much more fantasy-oriented, which I like.