What are Television's Greatest Dramas?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
From all eras of television and Why ? :)

The Day After
Threads
Shogun
Roots
Roots the Next Generation
The Winds of Wa
r
War and Remembrance
North South
Danger UXB

All Creatures Great and Small
Churchill The War Years
QuaterMass and The Pit 1958.
The Fugitive
The Prisoner

The Day After
Threads
Shogun
Roots
Roots the Next Generation
The Winds of Wa
r
War and Remembrance
North South
Danger UXB

All Creatures Great and Small
Churchill The War Years
QuaterMass and The Pit 1958.
The Fugitive
The Prisoner

Some good answers there. Is also add Wings, Colditz, Secret Army, Cullodden, Sapphire & Steel, Blakes' 7, Survivors, Tripods and Robin of Sherwood.

The West Wing - Love dialogue and it treated its viewer as if they we grown-ups
House of Cards [UK version] - Just gloriously complex!

The Strain Great concept and cast and very gripping
:cool:
Hannibal This is a great tv show , It just keep you watching and wanting more. :cool:

Masada 1981 Miniseries Lead by Peter O Tool and Richard Strauss and great supporting cast .:cool:

I never watched it as i was too young to appreciate it, but Tenko looked liked quite an interesting drama and unusual in that it had a predominantly female led cast.

I, Claudius

Claudius: Oh, god of gods! Never have I witnessed a dance that gave me such p-profound s-spiritual joy!
Caligula: Oh. Did you like it?
Claudius: It was indesc-cribable.
Caligula: Well, it was only a rehearsal
Claudius: Oh. W-whatever will the f-finished performance be like?
Caligula: Get up. Come here. What did you think of the girl?
Claudius: Oh, b-beautiful
Caligula: You old lecher! Bring the girl back! I'm going to marry her to you tomorrow!

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Smiley's People
The Night Manager
Breaking Bad

POSE - Possibly the best drama I've watched since The West Wing.
The writing is great, the characters are believable and the actors and acting amazing.
It took me to a society and way of life I knew nothing and made me care what happened.
It is a hard and heart wrenching watch at times, but all so full of life and love.

My father in law recently died and we now have a load of his dvds I am slowly working through them. I know I am going to enjoy Danger UXB but what surprised me was The Onedin Line, a series I remember as something I had to endure as a kid back in the 70s but now as an adult I enjoy. Like the William Tell Overture and Hi Ho Silver, I am sure most people of my vintage or older from the UK do not think of gladiators when they hear Khachaturian's Adagio from Spartacus but think of a large sailing ship crossing the sea. I wonder what Khachaturian would have made of it.

Last edited:

Back