Help me find a book please

tvlach

I started reading a book about a man named Clarke (last name) and he was in an RV in Alaska. He was in the US military, and the RV was set up for a hunting trip. An experiment in the base accidently sent part of the parking lot back to prehistoric era, near the Ice age. He was helping a clan of people. I can't remember the name or the author. Google was no help. Can someone please help? Thank you in advance.

Could it be a story written by Eric Flint ? he did a number of such novel the most famous being 1632 where as enter US town named Granville gets sent back in time to 1632 and central Germany.

S M Sterling did a a trilogy about he Island Nantucket being sent back to the time of Agamemnon.

Could one of these two writers have written the story you describe ?

Can you remember any more details? How long ago was it published. Are there other main characters? Was it a part of series? When did you read it? Do you remember the cover?

Check this out it may help us help find the book. It's found in the Book search part of this forum: Book Search Requests - PLEASE READ FIRST

Made me think of Andre Norton's Time Traders and Galactic Derelict, both of which involve teams getting transported back to bronze or stone age days.