What Do you Think of the Whole Timeless Child And Other Changes Made to the Concept of Doctor Who ?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
In the original concept of the The Dorrctr like evert time lord citizen of Gallifrey was limited to 13 Regenerations and then dies. But later in the new series the Timelord Granted the Doctor an additional 13 episodes. In effect , the doscotr was given a whole new lease on life. And then In the Chris Chibnal . they threw tall of that out and intprdced the who Timeless child give the doctor united regenerations . Then thy threw out the concept of the Doctor being Galifreyan and that was an alien form other world and because of the Doctor ,The Timelords learned the secret of regeneration

What do you think ?

It's a TV show and they don't want to end the Franchise. So I'm okay with it.
I just want better stories.
[ I'm sure I remember reading in a 60s Dr Who annual that the aforesaid Time Lord was limited to nine regenerations. This would have been at the time of Dr #2 Patrick Troughton. and they only got through 7 regens by the time of Sylvester McCoy ]

The concept of extra regenerations was introduced in the classic series, in The Five Doctor, the Master is offered a new cycle of regenerations by the Time Lords.

I don’t understand throwing the Doctor under the bus, so to speak, with the Timeless Child. It smacked a bit of shock tactics in the face of declining viewing figures rather than a meaningful character, or even narrative, development. Hi hum.

I haven't bothered watching the related episodes, but from I gather, it's just a further cementing of the Doctor's status as a god at the center of everything, which is one of the chief reasons I lost interest in the show.

I can't give a truly honest answer to your question.

Chrons is family friendly...

I think I've said this before, probably to the point of being boring, but I really do think Doctor Who went off the rails in the 80's with Cartmel master plan and all that. The reboot had an opportunity to just ignore that nonsense; instead it amplified it and compounded it with additional cretinisms, so that I despair of Doctor Who producing anything decent except by way of rare exceptions.

I don’t understand throwing the Doctor under the bus, so to speak, with the Timeless Child. It smacked a bit of shock tactics in the face of declining viewing figures rather than a meaningful character, or even narrative, development. Hi hum.

Timeless Child balderdash was a terrible idea .

Back