Gateway
Cover Her Face
Lady Chatterley’s Lover

Legacy of Heorot
Galactic Patrol
The Space Merchants
Unnatural Causes
Six Easy Pieces

Would we ever get any comments on any of these books, or would they only reappear in unannotated mentions of books you've read?

The Magic Goes Away by Larry Niven
The Skylark of Space E E Doc Smith
Man Plus by Frederick Pohl

Ive never read PD James .:unsure::(

I think i've only read the Lensman series from E. E. Doc Smith. I want to read Ringworld and i've heard nothing bad about it.

Hi,
I am looking for recommendations for
Larry Niven
EE Doc Smith
Fredrick Pohl.
PD James.
?
Frederik Pohl's Heechee Saga
1.Gateway (1977)
The series begins with "Gateway," a space station left behind by the enigmatic Heechee. Humans discover this station near Venus, and it becomes a central hub for explorers willing to risk their lives to journey in Heechee spaceships. These ships are pre-programmed to go to unknown destinations, and the rewards are great for those who discover valuable new planets or technologies. However, the risks are also high, as many never return. The protagonist, Robinette "Rob" Broadhead, becomes one of these prospectors and makes a discovery that sets the stage for the rest of the series.

2.Beyond the Blue Event Horizon (1980)
In the second book, a mission is sent to a distant Heechee outpost known as "Heechee Heaven." The crew encounters numerous Heechee artifacts and technologies, as well as evidence of why the Heechee left our universe. We learn more about their history and the existential threats they were trying to escape.

3.Heechee Rendezvous (1984)

Rob Broadhead is now wealthy and influential but remains obsessed with the Heechee mystery. As more people are venturing into Heechee ships and technology becomes more advanced, humans come closer to encountering the Heechee themselves. The book culminates in an encounter with a living Heechee, leading to further understanding of their advanced technology and culture.

4.The Annals of the Heechee (1987)

In this book, humans have gained a deeper understanding of the Heechee and their technology. The story explores the Heechee's history, including their encounters with an even more enigmatic and dangerous species known as the Foe. The Heechee left behind a "broadcasting" device, which could either bring about great wisdom or great peril for humanity.

There are other stories, novellas, and works that add to the Heechee universe, such as "The Gateway Trip" (1990), a collection of short stories, and "The Boy Who Would Live Forever" (2004), which further expands on the Heechee lore.