Good Night Oppy

Phyrebrat

www.beanwriting.com
Supporter
I've been watching this outstanding documentary on Amazon Prime in bits and pieces over the last couple weeks and finished it tonight.

Has anyone seen it? I'd never think a documentary about the Mars Rovers would have me baaaawling like baby but I really had a lot of tears watching this, especially towards the end.

Outstanding

Bless.
I also invested emotion heavily into them all. They just kept going and going so long after original mission that you couldn't help imagining that they had a irrepressible and genuine will to live. That they wanted to see it all. Call me a softy, I don't care.
I had the composite Mars horizon photo round my office until I retired I even did a painting of Opportunity on Mars many years ago. I'll post it if I can find it.

(Of course Huey, Louie and Dewey in Silent Running 1972 primed us to love these bots.)

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about a Country & Western festival. I gather that's Grand Ole Opry.

The Martian still makes me nuts because of the screwed up physics in the initial storm.

The Martian still makes me nuts because of the screwed up physics in the initial storm.
Okay, so there was an error in the opening phase of the movie that the author admits he got wrong but the rest of it is pretty good.

Back