Barker's Books of Blood Vols. 4-6

Davelectro

I've only read a couple stories so far, not impressed as of yet.

Anyone have any favorites from these volumes?

Book of Blood volume one favorite story the Midnight Meat Train and the Yatering and Jack for fat one was made into a halfway decent film a few years ago and the later was segment was an episode in Tales From the Darkside

Book of Blood volume one favorite story the Midnight Meat Train and the Yatering and Jack for fat one was made into a halfway decent film a few years ago and the later was segment was an episode in Tales From the Darkside
Oh yeah BOB vols 1-3 were incredible! dread, in the hills, the cities, skins of their fathers, rawhead rex...awesome stuff!

Oh yeah BOB vols 1-3 were incredible! dread, in the hills, the cities, skins of their fathers, rawhead rex...awesome stuff!

Rawhead Rex was made into a not very good B Movie . :)

Loved his novel Weaveworld

Ive read The Hellhound Heart and liked the first 3 Hellraiser film.

There's a book you might want check out

Sherlock Holmes and the Servant of Hell by Paul Kane it's set in the Hellriaser universe of Clive Barker . It's quite good. :cool:

Rawhead Rex was made into a not very good B Movie . :)

Loved his novel Weaveworld

Ive read The Hellhound Heart and liked the first 3 Hellraiser film.

There's a book you might want check out

Sherlock Holmes and the Servant of Hell by Paul Kane it's set in the Hellriaser universe of Clive Barker . It's quite good. :cool:
Yes I saw that rawhead rex movie, twas pretty bad lol.

I read hellbound heart many years ago when I was into novels, thought it was very good!

That sherlock holmes sounds wild, great title!

Yes I saw that rawhead rex movie, twas pretty bad lol.
The sad paRT is that Barker story is quite good. Id like to see A reboot , with the special tech and make tech we have now , they could more than do justice to this one and my choice to direct it is Gullermo Del Toro .:)

I read hellbound heart many years ago when I was into novels, thought it was very good!
This wa Clive baker at his very best. :)

That sherlock holmes sounds wild, great title!
It's off the charts and, quite a ride.:D

Last edited:
Well I must say, the Books of Blood Vols. 4-6 are pretty darned disappointing, I may give up and read something else.

Is it just me, or does anyone who's read them feel that the stories are just way inferior to the first 3 vols.?

Clive Barker has some magnificent otherworldly novels. Imajica and Weaveworld are incredible, and Cabal (basis for Nightbreed movie) and Damnation Game are great for horror.

As for BoB 4-6 it is not as brilliant as 1-3 , but firstly it has The Forbidden. Basis for the Candyman movie!
I think Body Politic and The Last Illusion were interesting. Also life of death and Revelations are very good if disturbing.

I think they're not quite as good as the first three books but still exceedingly good.

Incidentally, the Les Edwards comic book of Rawhead Rex is excellent, but definitely not for the easily grossed out.

I think they're not quite as good as the first three books but still exceedingly good.

Incidentally, the Les Edwards comic book of Rawhead Rex is excellent, but definitely not for the easily grossed out.

Raw Head Rex is a pretty good read. Didn't know about the comic book adaptation

I do remember the 1986 film adaption which was utter crap..