Good Omens: Season 2 (2023)

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Wasn't so keen on the original Good Omens book, but enjoyed the character interplay in the TV series.

And now there's a 2nd season:

Will probably give this a chance for the fun of it, but not sure how much input Gaiman might have had in this?

It was released in its entirety this weekend. I watched it. I enjoyed the Sheen/Tennant duo. Miranda Richardson is her usual wonderful self. However, the series is a bit disappointing overall with the ultimate outcome circular and dissatisfying. Oh, and I don’t rate John Hamm in the least. Terribly cast. But I thought that for the first series.

Interesting how David Tennant, a Scotsman, playing the part of an Englishman, has eventually to play the part of an Englishman pretending to be a Scotsman.

Does he revert to his own accent? Of course not.
Like many Englishmen in such a position he does a very good impression of Janet from Dr Finlay's casebook, a part actually played by an American, I believe. (Or possibly a Canadian.)

Hi,

Loved it, but the ending of season two was a bit off-putting. Same damned plot as the final season of Lucifer - which wasn't half as good. But I'd like to see another season. Especially if they could bring back Agnes Nutter!

Cheers, Greg.

Season 3 is going to have a different show runner.