Firefly and Serenity

I very much enjoyed Firefly and I don't think I've seen a first season universe to richly written and could never understand its cancellation.

Have you read the books/Comics, Tolkien?

I very much enjoyed Firefly and I don't think I've seen a first season universe to richly written and could never understand its cancellation.

Have you read the books/Comics, Tolkien?

They are on my list to read. I have avoided them in hopes of a reboot. I think I can officially give up the dream and so yes, I will be reading them.

They are on my list to read. I have avoided them in hopes of a reboot. I think I can officially give up the dream and so yes, I will be reading them.
Ahem...
I'll never see it but I also don't have high hopes...

I liked Firefly, it might havebeen truly great if allowed to continue. (Or Whedon and friends could have ruined it with lazy writing and shoddy worldbuilding.)

My favorite scifi shows are 60's-70's Doctor Who, Blake's 7, and Farscape.

I think if I had watched it without hearing about it before I would have enjoyed it. But I heard about it from a massive fan and then when I saw the first episode I was disappointed with the B-movie quality of it. Very wooden acting from some. But I imagine the story picks up and I will enjoy it when I get around to it. Clearly there are a lot of big fans of it so they did something right!

I think if I had watched it without hearing about it before I would have enjoyed it. But I heard about it from a massive fan and then when I saw the first episode I was disappointed with the B-movie quality of it. Very wooden acting from some. But I imagine the story picks up and I will enjoy it when I get around to it. Clearly there are a lot of big fans of it so they did something right!

My brother sent me the show and told me I would love it. I watched the first two episodes and thought this sucks. It is now my favorite show of all time. Stick with it; it takes a few shows.

(I recounted this elsewhere in Chrons, but) I actually saw Serenity before I even knew what Firefly was. I could tell it was obviously a good SF movie, but it was pretty confusing. The entire first two acts, I'm like: "Who's this spooky girl kicking everyone ass?"

(I recounted this elsewhere in Chrons, but) I actually saw Serenity before I even knew what Firefly was. I could tell it was obviously a good SF movie, but it was pretty confusing. The entire first two acts, I'm like: "Who's this spooky girl kicking everyone ass?"

Those Reavers had no chance whatsoever against her.:)

It surprises me that this show hasn't been revived .:unsure::(

There has been talk of a restart/reboot a few years ago. But that was probably more fanboy/girl fever dreams than a reality.
Sadly I think any more stories from the 'verse are dead and buried because of Joss Whedon's recent issues.
Unless he lets someone else run with it. And I don't see that happening.

I did have a copy of the Firefly rpg book but sadly it didn't survive our house fire.

There has been talk of a restart/reboot a few years ago. But that was probably more fanboy/girl fever dreams than a reality.
Sadly I think any more stories from the 'verse are dead and buried because of Joss Whedon's recent issues.
Unless he lets someone else run with it. And I don't see that happening.

Someone like JMS Straczynski perhaps?