Are there indie Sci-Fi Mysteries like Eisenhorn (Warhammer 40k), or Blade Runner?

blorente

Yes, Blade Runner is not a book.

But I enjoy it nonetheless, and I'd actually categorize it in the same subgenre as the Eisenhorn/Ravenor books by Dan Abnet.

I'm looking for (preferably indie) detective stories in dystopian, massive, overcrowded cities in the far future. Searching for "books like Eisenhorn" always yields more Warhammer books, which tend to be bigger in scale -- large space battles instead of a single detective doing its thing in an effed-up city. The Crime and Mystery Science-Fiction section on Amazon is equally unhelpful, with plenty of space operas and post-apocalyptic survival Sci-Fi.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you in advance,
Borja

Blade Runner is a book, at least I say it is.

And, I like the book Asha Anderson by indie author Dustin Archibold.

Try the Takeshi Kovacs stories by Richard Morgan, starting with Altered Carbon.

Blade Runner is a book, at least I say it is.
Fair enough! One could say it's a bunch of books, and even some comics too :) Thanks for your answer!

Try the Takeshi Kovacs stories by Richard Morgan, starting with Altered Carbon.
Oh wow, I had forgotten all about these for some reason. I enjoyed the first season of the show immensely, and I should definitely read the books. Thanks!

There were three Blade Runner sequel novels by K.W. Jeter. (Eye of Talon, Edge of Human and Replicant Night.)

Alistair Reynolds likes a mystery novel. Century Rain, The Prefect and Elysium Fire are all written as detective style stories and Chasm City has a great mystery plotline.

The Sprawl Trilogy by William Gibson has a strong noir feel, especially Count Zero. Likewise some of his later books, although they're not quite as SF-ish.

T.E. Bakutis' Supremacy's Shadow fits the bill if you're happy to go with conspiracy mysteries vs detective mysteries.