Any Weird Tales Stories Like This

Guttersnipe

mortal ally
Maybe not a proper search, so I put it here. A while back, I read Heinlein's "Our Fair City" and loved it. Are there any more stories in that magazine that are not necessarily funny, but gentler, and without ghosts, vampires, etc.? What are the best of these?

Which magazine?
Can you give a bit more detail on the story for those who may not have read it?

Otherwise you are likely to get half a dozen suggestions for PG Wodehouse. Which may be appropriate for all we know.

Which magazine?
Can you give a bit more detail on the story for those who may not have read it?

Otherwise you are likely to get half a dozen suggestions for PG Wodehouse. Which may be appropriate for all we know.
So sorry, I used it in the title but forgot to include it in the text. Weird Tales.

And also, Heinlein's tale is about a guy who befriends a sentient whirlwind. They team up to expose a candidate for something. It was really light and fun. The ones I wanted to know about were much less horrific or broody than a lot of them, I think. Also, the one I just talked about seemed more creative.

Not exactly what they were known for, still "The Web of Silence" by Mary Elizabeth Counselman I think would fit what you're looking for. I just read it in The Women of Weird Tales and it was by far the gentlest story in the book.

The Golden Helix by Theodore Sturgeon

It by Theodore Sturgeon

The Golden Helix by Theodore Sturgeon

It by Theodore Sturgeon
Sturgeon had some stories in Weird Tales, so they might be worth looking into. But neither of those were in Weird Tales.

The "The Web of Silence" doesn't really apply, either. It's sci-fi. Or sci-fi-ish.

Sturgeon had some stories in Weird Tales, so they might be worth looking into. But neither of those were in Weird Tales.

In terms of weirdness , those two stories fit right in.