Accessory by Martin M. Clark

Glitch

Supporter
accessory_k1.png

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Opinionated Gallery. I am Director Brandt, the site administrator.” I kept up my smile despite the obvious lack of interest from those few members of the press who’d bothered to attend. “Here at the Cybernetics Division of Anderson Industries, we craft personality constructs based on deceased corporate executives so that they may provide continued boardroom insight and guidance.”

Their indifference was like a sponge, sucking any last shreds of enthusiasm from an already mundane media event, but I persevered.

“Unfortunately, some of our creations have been considered too critical, too irascible, or just too lifelike by the new executives in charge.” I gestured to the horseshoe of twelve anthropomorphic busts. “So rather than see our work go to waste, this free gallery was established, where the public may seek advice from some of the leading captains of industry from the last half-century. And today we play host to a most distinguished guest, Howard Bell, the deputy director of Homeland Security.”

Read more...

Just to mention this is a follow-on to Morte ex Machina, also on Kraxon.

An interesting and thought-provoking read, Martin - scary stuff! Well done, CC