Closed to submissions

Astro Pen

Write now.
Supporter
I submitted while open but the agent is now "closed to submissions" from mid Oct (was it something I said dear? :confused: )
Does that imply that they aren't bothering to look at existing submissions and I should ship it elsewhere, or should I wait?

That reads to me that they had an avalanche of stuff while they were open and they don't want any more coming in while they sift through what they've got. So I'd suggest waiting a bit before you send it elsewhere.

I submitted while open but the agent is now "closed to submissions" from mid Oct (was it something I said dear? :confused: )
Does that imply that they aren't bothering to look at existing submissions and I should ship it elsewhere, or should I wait?
They won’t look at anything submitted during the closed period - once they reopen send again. You can always sub simultaneously unless stated otherwise

If you sent before they closed, you should be fine. But please do submit to other agents too! As Jo said, most agents (unless they state otherwise) take it for granted that writers are subbing to multiple agencies at the same time. (Different from short story submissions, which should never be to multiple places at once...)

If you sent before they closed, you should be fine. But please do submit to other agents too! As Jo said, most agents (unless they state otherwise) take it for granted that writers are subbing to multiple agencies at the same time. (Different from short story submissions, which should never be to multiple places at once...)

That's a useful distinction to know! Based on no information whatsoever, I'd always assumed that the two situations had the same rules.