Elizabethan Rock Music

The Bloated One

One for the hive mind - A lot of you will have been brought up listening to and enjoying rock music. I am looking for a number of songs that could be played in the following scenario...

I am writing the sequel to my time travelling book, and have a scene in Elizabethan England that needs your help.

Lord Dudley tried to impress and woo good Queen Bess by putting on a 21 day spectacular in July, 1575, at his pad in Kenilworth Castle. one event was a water pageant with a singer dressed as Arion, riding on boat made to look like a 24 foot long dolphin. Inside the dolphin were a group of musicians.
Let's say for arguments sake, that those musicians are a full rock band with guitars, amplifers, keyboards and drums. As the dolphin moves across the lake toward QE1, what songs would they play? I'll start you off....Smoke on the Water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we talking pun titles? Because if so...

"A Whole Lute of Love" by Jimmy the Page and Robert Plantagenet. Possibly not "Killer Queen" or "Crazy, Crazy Knights".
"Alehouse Rock" by Elvis de Parsley
"Whiskey Bard" by Jim son of Morris and the (trouba)Doors

Followed by a DJ set by Dr John D, alchemist and deckromancer, on the wheels of steel (well, wood).

Last edited:
Maybe another maritime connection - The Youngloods - On Sir Francis Drake

Or something a bit heavier on the same subject
Sir Francis Drake: The Queen's Pirate by Bestial Invasion

Are we talking pun titles? Because if so...

"A Whole Lute of Love" by Jimmy the Page and Robert Plantagenet. Possibly not "Killer Queen" or "Crazy, Crazy Knights".
"Alehouse Rock" by Elvis de Parsley
"Whiskey Bard" by Jim son of Morris and the (trouba)Doors

Followed by a DJ set by Dr John D, alchemist and deckromancer, on the wheels of steel (well, wood).
Yes, anything humorous.

Well if there's someone riding on a dolphin, Surfin' Safari?

Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)

Rule The World (Take That)

I'm Your Man (Wham)

Hi,

Personally I'm thinking Credence and Proud Mary!

But since the lot of them are probably going to be burnt at the stake as witches shortly - Bad Moon Rising might be more apt!

Cheers, Greg.