(Found) Dying alien implant message in man who now has 2 years to deliver it

Gman

I read this book as a young boy in the 1960s and would like to read it again. For some reason it has stuck with me and can't remember the name. Here's the plot:

A dying alien lands on Earth in the countryside. A man comes upon the crash and attempts to help the alien. The alien then implants a message into the man's bones and states that he must deliver the message within 2 years or he will die. The man then uses the alien's ship and off he goes on his adventure.

If anyone can remember the name of this book, please let me know. You can reach me directly at: gman2300@gmail.com

Many thanks!!

We had a similar query in here recently (unfortunately still unfound). If you read through the post it may help jog your memory (the second book described seems to be the same one you're after?) Note that the OP elaborates further in an update further down.

The closest I've found to this so far is Secret of the Ninth Planet by Donald A. Wollheim

Found it!

Google got me to scifi 1960s man has message imprinted in his bones 2 years to deliver the message | Name that Book | LibraryThing | LibraryThing en català

The Martian Missile by David Grinnell, 1959

Here's a contemporary review with a lengthy plot summary (click the image):

(Not sure why that librarything link was for the Catalan version of the site but that's what showed up in the google result!)

Back