Discussion Thread -- September 2018 75-word Writing Challenge

Phyrebrat: NIGM MHFNPW CXS QBMNWEGVHM OICECONWE MNHSB SWQVXMNECNWM IVK NIW OVXMWLHWXOWM VR YEVRWMMGVXCP RCGPHEW OCX FW NECTGO.

Ursa major: CDLR QLCCF YKRCLNDX HP YHYEGKZ PLNCLHM NGXOXZGF YZHOXR CDKC RENNXRR LM HMX KZXK WHXR MHC IEKZKMCXX RKCLRPKNCLHM LM KMHCDXZ.

The Judge: HLVC RIVZZVEMHZJ KYMKNVDNQ HEZN YT QNKNVH GIYDNC HLEH PVCQVINKHVYM VC HLN SNJ HY E COKKNCCTOZ QVCEGGNEIVMX EKH.

TheDustyZebra: YOSF FHFRPEFPXHI FYBVC BXXPVF GE PWGARIP BX YOP JGC SE JOSKO KBAAHESKGYSBE SF EBY BEIC YOVBHTO JBVZF.

paranoid marvin: GPBC NURRBMSBLJ WBGGA CDUUYC T YTOUHC MPTNTMGVN YNUO YBMGBUL FPBRV TRCU UYYVNBLJ FNA MUOOVLGTNA UL MHNNVLG TYYTBNC.

I had it down to two possibilities. After some thought, I have to go with "The Spy Who Caught a Cold" by johnnyjet as the runner-up, for its witty deconstruction of the romance of espionage and "Reality Bites" by Pedro del Mar as the vote-winner for its powerful emotional impact.

No story from me – I save spy fiction for SFDossier.ru who run a microfiche fiction comp each month. It is a perfectly safe site and you won’t have your [REDACTED] compromised if you try it!
If I had have entered a story it would only have made sense to vote for me, as all the other [REDACTED] untrustworthy competitors share their imperialist emails with foreign powers and [REDACTED] regularly! Not to be trusted. Sad!

No story from me – I save spy fiction for SFDossier.ru who run a microfiche fiction comp each month. It is a perfectly safe site and you won’t have your [REDACTED] compromised if you try it!
If I had have entered a story it would only have made sense to vote for me, as all the other [REDACTED] untrustworthy competitors share their imperialist emails with foreign powers and [REDACTED] regularly! Not to be trusted. Sad!

FAKE NEWS.

:D

pH

Now I can admit that I had the idea, on the 2nd of the month, to write my story in cipher. Then along came Victoria... :ROFLMAO::cry:

@Phyrebrat .... Horse with a Broken Leg .... The Phyre Brat sends us a story of a spy who fails, and then fails himself.

@Ursa major .... Spectre at the Feast .... Ursa tells a story of The Spy Who Came Out of the No.... Not.

@The Judge .... Exit, Pursued by a Bear .... Her Honor taught me a new word and her spy taught everyone how to exfiltrate. (By the way, that was a pun worthy of The Bear.)

@TheDustyZebra .... My Dearest Victoria .... Dusty gives us a story with a message that smells sweet as it communicates.

@paranoid marvin .... Licence Expired .... Marvin gives his story a nod toward the most famous secret agent and economic difficulties.

Back