Review of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Angel_in_chains said:
:eek: How can you people say such nonsense about the prequels. I loved them. I mean yes they can't possibly compare to the original trilogy but they're still Star Wars movies.
Because people have different tastes, and because Lucas is a loosy director who just produced and wrote part of the screenplay of episod 5 & 6. Instead of doing everything in the current trilogy. The result ?

- too much ILM with no point in the story
- loosy alien races with no re-used of former alien races (except Yoda, Jabba and Chewie)
- cheesy dialogues
- dangling plot still untied between the 2 trilogies.

Angel_in_chains said:
How can you people say such nonsense about the prequels I loved them. I mean ya they can't possibly compare to the original Trilogy but Their still a Star Wars movie.

i have to agree with you.

oh by the way is it just me or do other people think the best part of the film is when the jedi get massacred and when (SPOILER) anakin walks in the room with all the younglings and one of them says "master anakin there are to many of them" and anakin just glares at him then activates his lightsabre, that was great.

Eradius Lore said:

oh by the way is it just me or do other people think the best part of the film is when the jedi get massacred and when (SPOILER) anakin walks in the room with all the younglings and one of them says "master anakin there are to many of them" and anakin just glares at him then activates his lightsabre, that was great.

As with everything I have ever seen you post, you are missing the point :rolleyes:

Good point about Obi-Wan never seeing anakin pod race but cmon he had to hear about it!

Why hide him on Tatooine? Vader would never go back there!!! There is too much pain there and as someone else said already, it is a nowhere planet.

There is supposed to be some live action stuff in a year or so. They plan to fill this in between ep 3 and 4. I suspect that Luke was checked in upon here and there by Obi-Wan.

Someone else said something about Palpatine looking weak. Maybe he wasnt Windu's match with lightsabers but like Luke did in Ep 6 he knew he needed to force anakin to the dark side by making himself look vulnerable. I didnt care for the electric stuff changing palpatine's face.

Then if they're so sure that Anakin will never guess that his child survived -- let alone that there are two of them -- why split up the twins in the first place? Why hide the girl so well (under another name, on a planet where Anakin has no family ties) and the boy so poorly?

Eradius Lore said:

What are you warped? That was a horrible part of the movie, Anakin killing innocent children... only a sadistic person would think that was great...

And Leto... I totally agree with you!

one point - do you find it hard to swallow that Anakin was redeemed and effectively went to "heaven" after Return of the Jedi

Can 1 good deed outdo a lifetime of murder & evil?
This is probably a bit deep to ask this question here, but in movies 4, 5 & 6 - you don't get a feel for just how evil Anakin is (the people he kills are his own guys anyway!) - in episode 3 you do - does it make a difference on how you feel about the character?

Did he really went to "heaven" or was it just what his son wanted to see ?

I don't know if you could call it heaven... But I remember in the last movie where Anakin, Obi Wan and Yoda were all together in spirit form and they looked like they were friends.

It is explained in Revenge of the Sith, when Yoda mentions to Obi Wan that he has some training for him during his exile watching over Luke. That an old friend has overcome death within the melange of the force afterlife.
This also alludes to the fact that the Emperor is lying when he seduces Anakin, becuase the Dark Side can only prolong life at cost. Yoda & Obi Wan (then later Anakin, and somewhere Qui Gon) truly beat death by returning from beyond the force.
It is stolen completely from eastern and gnostic teachings. No so much heaven, as achieving a mastery of the place in which they find themselves after physical death, an thus being able to return.

Winters_Sorrow said:
wow - that's pretty much the whole movie right there, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Sorry bout that. But that basically was the story line. And the first 2 kinda stunk. Too lose of a plot and Episode 3 had to make up for it. The bad thing is that there is like a 15 some-odd urrmmm, years between Ep 3 and A New Hope, so we are left with a large gap, and the bad plotline that Ep 3 leaves us with.

And we never know if Obi-wan ever makes contact with Qui-Gon. We surmise that Yoda teaches Obi-Wan how to, and that he does it, but I wanna see it!, not think that it happened!

HenryVI said:
\

Sorry bout that. But that basically was the story line. And the first 2 kinda stunk. Too lose of a plot and Episode 3 had to make up for it. The bad thing is that there is like a 15 some-odd urrmmm, years between Ep 3 and A New Hope, so we are left with a large gap, and the bad plotline that Ep 3 leaves us with.

but hey!
let's make a tv series set between episode 3 & 4 and cash in! *ker-ching!!*

oh wait, he's already thought of that... :rolleyes:

I blame the Matrix movies - they first introduced the concept of telling a story through 4 mediums at once! (so you can only get the full story by getting them all)

it's turning into pokemon story-telling (gotta watch 'em all!! :) )

Yeah, Pokewars! Number 875 Chewbacca. Species Wookie. Found: Kashyyk. Skills: Smash em and bash em, slash, roar, bite, tackle, take down, cut, etc......

#870 Yoda: species: um...; found: his hut on dagobah; skills: force, and any force related skill.

nah - gotta place yer bets on #492 "Wicket the Ewok" - supreme combatant. Capable of going "Echa-wa-wa!" everytime an enemy appears and hitting himself with his own bola :D

I Saw it. last night. And I loved it. It was cheesy and crass. the fight scenes were to long, and at the end, i wished it would just finish (lots of little end scenes) but that said it was very good! It had that certain something that the other two lacked. And yes, it tied everything together. Its inspired me to re-watch the original trillogy again. so tonight i'm gonna get cosy with some popcorn and enjoy:)

Alia said:
I don't know if you could call it heaven... But I remember in the last movie where Anakin, Obi Wan and Yoda were all together in spirit form and they looked like they were friends.

I rewatched Episodes 4 5 & 6 the weekend after seeing ROTS last week which I incidently thought was great wont go into too much detail sees though a lot of you have already pointed out its ups and downs which a lot of them I do agree with but I still liked and have been to see it again since and have the pleasure of taking my nephew next week too,

I did notice that at the end of ROTJ they have changed the Ghost of Vader from Sebastian Shaw to Hayden Christensen which sacrilegious it may seem I thought weird but fitting due to the fact after seeing Hayden being put into the suit he was the person I was seeing in there whilst watching them.

They have given it a tentative November dvd release date with a maybe 40 mins added to the film

Did any of you spot George Lucas and Family in the film?

They have given it a tentative November dvd release date with a maybe 40 mins added to the film
This is actually true? And all this time I thought WS was being a smart buttom. I would like very much to see what they cut out.
Thanks for your comments Traveller!