Gemmell Movie?

I like the idea of Ray, Bradford boy, but with Clive and Keira in there too, it would seem a bit like a sequel to Arthur!

Good Point, but I still think they would be best (Also, I sure that we could find roles for Ian Holm and Ian McKellen)

Hi guys,with regard to earlier members thoughts,Ray winstone,though talented,does not have the druss physical attributes,the axeman is described as hugely muscled,with massive arms,ray winstone is only huge or massive around his waistline.His age is also a bit lacking,although he's no spring chicken,druss was 60 in 'Legend',winstone just isn't the man for the part,in fact,apart from someone i suggested in an earlier posting,there's no one even close to his 'look',so keep trying guys.

It could be Schwarzenegger's swan song... he's about 60 has HUGE arms and if his accent can be Cimmerian, it can be Drenai.

Arni popped into my head to actually!! Although the voice!! Could be explained away with his time overseas searching for his love?

Also can Conan be Druss?? . . .Stallone??

It could then pave the way for some unknown to arise in the prequels a young Arnie to be as the Axeman as a youth??

i distinctly remember the book saying that Virae was NOT beautiful. and Keira most definitely is! if the movie went to Hollywood i'm sure they'd cast someone beautiful anyway though...

Hello again,it seems that nobody can decide who should play the 'Deathwalker',maybe we should just say the part is uncastable,if that is a word,at least in so much as to make it remain loyal to the root of the character,somehow i can't see 'Arnie',calling people 'laddie',in what's commonly guessed to be a scots accent,it just ain't gonna work,is it?.Keep trying guys,the' axeman',may yet be out there somewhere.

What about Robbie Coltrane as Druss? First, he's Scottish; Second, he definately has a phyisical presence, and third, No-one can doubt his acting ability.

It would have to hollywooded up, so yes a beautiful Virae, yes big star and unfrotunately American . . . but this still has enormous promise look at the rings trilogy now classic movies!! Yet keeping as much faith as the producers allowed. What about an ageing unknown ex WWF wrestler or someone, although you mention good acting from a dialogue point of view it needs to be Gruff and to the point with Druss.

Rosemary said:
It certainly would be a great movie, that's for sure.

I wouldn't go and watch it for the simple fact that I already have an image in my mind of what Druss looks like, the sound of his voice and his mannerisms. So for me, it would be a disappointment.:(

Fine if you haven't read any of the books, you have no preconceived ideas.

I can't think of an actor who could take on the role of Druss, bringing out his sometimes rather weird traits.:eek:

Yes I have images of Druss and many others but what the movie allows me to do is to see what other peoples images are like. I find that part quite facinacting and therefore I can usually like the movie.

Rahl

Oliver Reed would have rocked as Druss, even so far as being perfect for the role, sadly he is gone from us :(

Memnoch said:
Arni popped into my head to actually!! Although the voice!! Could be explained away with his time overseas searching for his love?

Also can Conan be Druss?? . . .Stallone??

It could then pave the way for some unknown to arise in the prequels a young Arnie to be as the Axeman as a youth??

Arni? are you serious? Please tell me you are joking!
Arni always sounds the same in any film you watch, so I highly doubt that he could pull off a american accent nevermind a Scottish one. Despite doing good terminator films, I think if you put him in Legend as Druss you would ruin the film, and be hated internationally. Now imagine this: Druss has a black and silver beard, he has short black/grey hair with 'Winter' blue eyes. He is huge (only connection with Arni so far) he isn't a really tall character, and Arni is a bit tall. Now could you REALLY imagine Arni in his armour, with snaga, and not laugh? or be sick with disgust?.

Now Stallone is worse. Great actor, and I like most of his films, but like Arni he cannot speak differently in his films, and even with CGI he wouldn't look nothing like Druss. Again if you put him as Druss you would ruin the film and be hated internationally.

The best thing you should do is go to scottland and grab a random slightly tall, but big scottish man, and give him the role, as he would have more chance of succeeded then Arni or Stallone.

Arni? are you serious? Please tell me you are joking!

Seconded - It should not be a comedy :D

That and Legend would /could make for one very dull movie – It’s a siege…?
What type/sex/age of people do you think will go see it? People that have not read the books, Legend falls roughly in the middle of the Drenai novels – Should you not be starting from the beginning?
That and
after watching Troy I don’t think I could stomach watching another like that or it’s terrible over acting and direction, and it has very little in the way of fantasy – No orks/elves/monsters etc, people will expect this now after LotR, it would not sell well, while at least Waylander has one of the best opening scenes ever, has romance and 10 ft tall wolfmen - and has a better plot for film.

Rahl Windsong said:
Yes I have images of Druss and many others but what the movie allows me to do is to see what other peoples images are like. I find that part quite facinacting and therefore I can usually like the movie.

Rahl

Brian Cox - Druss in Legend adaptation perhaps? I agree love seeing other peoples perspective of a story I love. Rings Trilogy for example.

Although Alexander was a let down?

Genius Brian Cox, bit of Gym work perfick. He's very versatile to and English. So Scots accent shouldn't be hard to cum by!!

I enjoyed Rosario Dawson in Alexander, thats about it!! I love Colin Farrell to but total miscasting!!

What about Russel Crowe - He rocked in Gladiator, knows his way around fighting.
Or maybe one of The father and son from Braveheart (can't remember their names, they played in Troy too) they certanly have the girth for the role.

And for the record: Alexander WAS a total letdown, one of the worst historical films i've ever seen

HI folks,we just don't all seem to be able to agree on who's gonna be 'Druss',Brian Cox is way too small,even if he spent the next 5 years in the gym,he can do a scots accent,and is a marvelous actor,but his voice is actually quite soft,without the correct timbre in it.
Did someone seriously suggest Matthew McConaughey for the part,dear god,no.He's too young,too small,too Texan,and need i go any further?.
I remain true to my choice of Paul Teutle sr for the part,remembering that Druss is more a 'doer',than a 'talker',so the accent may not be an issue as such.

They could do stone's of power with Rupert Penry-Jones ( who plays Adam carter in SPOOKS) as uther pedragon. and Rufus Sewell (the black knight in 'A Knight's Tale) as Culain Lach feragh.

Paul Teutle Sr? Ummm.....He's not an actor.......he hasn't got the voice although age and build would suit. But he's not an actor.
I think Hollywood would have a tall actor, someone like Roddy Piper or Hulk Hogan would fit their physical requirements but I don't think either have the acting skills. I would agree with earlier comments that Druss is uncastable.