Stephen King's Dark Tower: Trailer!

Looks amazing! The effects look way better than other Stephen King films as well - I really hope it does justice to the books, but looks like there's a good chance it will. Is this only the first book, or are they trying to shoehorn the whole series into one movie?

:p

I've already said my piece in the other thread:

I've just watched the trailer.

Not sure how I feel about it. I get it's only the trailer so there could be a lot missing and they've done this to be accessible to those new to the story...but it misses out a hell of a lot and dumbs down everything. I'm glad Jake's entry is still the same because the first half of the three book is hands down one of my favourite bits of any book. But I'm guessing we're not going to have his first journey into Roland's world...

I've seen people saying that this isn't a retelling of the Dark Tower books, but a sequel to it, considering that
Roland is doomed the keep repeating the journey over and over
which I can get behind. Even if that's not the case maybe I should just consider it such anyway :D [edit: oops, I see this has been mentioned here, too!]

Anyway, some good points, love Idris, I think Mcconaughey will make a good Man in Black and that is some epic gunslinging going on.

Reactions: Vaz
I'm so looking forward to this, the trailer looks amazing. :D For me, it captures the spirit of the books wonderfully.

Sony and Netflix both released full trailers for The Defenders and The Dark Tower at the same time, Dark Tower is currently crushing Defenders by more than double the views already! This movie is going to be HUGE! On top of that I feel a bit of a westworld vibe to this movie.

Last edited:
Yeah, it does look intriguing, but I wonder, are they really going to put some of the soundtrack from For A Few Dollars More into the finished print? No objections if they do, be kind of neat. I wonder if Ennio Morricone was hired for the film.

I wonder, are they really going to put some of the soundtrack from For A Few Dollars More into the finished print?

I'd rather they focused on making the ending as brilliant as FAFDM. Looks promising, though.

Looks amazing! The effects look way better than other Stephen King films as well - I really hope it does justice to the books, but looks like there's a good chance it will. Is this only the first book, or are they trying to shoehorn the whole series into one movie?

I believe it's kind of an alternate story set after the events of the book (those of you who read the novels knows how it ends). I'm not 100% sure but I can't explain more without giving away the ending. :)

Doesn't seem like this has gone down well in the reviews at all. I haven't seen the film but I just watched the trailer. Seems it is an action movie with the plot condensed and the Gunslinger doesn't really seem like the cowboy I would expect. Little evidence of a Western theme. Have the posters above with the positive comments read the books? Hopefully it is still entertaining but doesn't seem it will live up even close to the epic book series. I wonder if the TV show planned will be abandoned. Anyone watched this film?

I never cared for the series in book form, but it looks like I just might enjoy this movie!

:D