Do you know this scifi apocalyptic movie

jonbhaug

Hi,

I have been looking for a movie i saw around 80/90, but i cannot find it anywhere. It was probably not a block buster.

The story is from the near future on earth where the nature has gone wild. It a part of the movie a radio annouced on the film, that there were no good news today, heat was high.

The military(probably) had made some sort of robot that could recreate itself from anything Even when destroyed it could recreate itelf from the smallest of things. I think the hero went after these robots.

The film was very acopolyptic, I think some heavy metal music was played.

Can you help me?

Best regards
Jon Bjarne

Makes me think of Screamers (1995) with Peter Weller. Kind of...

Except Screamers is set on a distant desert planet. But it kind of has this post-apocalyptic feel to it, and its dunes are teeming with nasty, self-replicating robots.

Last edited:
Not quite right, but your description reminds me of Maximum Overdrive, which was a movie made from Stephen King's story story, Trucks. AC/DC did the soundtrack.

The story is from the near future on earth where the nature has gone wild. It a part of the movie a radio annouced on the film, that there were no good news today, heat was high.

The military(probably) had made some sort of robot that could recreate itself from anything Even when destroyed it could recreate itelf from the smallest of things. I think the hero went after these robots.

This sounds exactly like the British film Hardware from 1990. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_(film)

Does that look like it? Simply that there's an iconic series of radio announcements in that by Lemmy from Motorhead, who declares that "there is no f***ing good news!".