NaNoWriMo2015

ratsy

Is anyone doing this? I am not actively participating on the actual site, or keeping track with their software, but I am going to try to complete 50,000 words this month. I started off with 1972 yesterday and did another 221 before work this morning. I have a short story to write and if I can get do the rest on my book, I will be well on the way to being done the first draft. I am really going to make a solid effort here.

So anyone else want to keep each other posted, and push one another to get this done?

I know DG. I was sick all weekend but still got some medication addled writing down. I know 50,000 will be tough, but I am going to try for it. I'll be here to cheer you on buddy

I have signed up again into nanowrimo.
My user name there is sugar sweet if anyone wants to chat.
The idea of the site is to give writing supports to allow you to churn out as much of a manuscript as you can. There are people there rewriting and doing other things that aren't novels as well. Only about seven percent actually finish, (and a lot of those tend to be mutants with the super power of fast writing and so are not applicable to the norm).
I am almost certain I won't make the word count, but according to their estimates, if I keep writing at the same pace, in ten weeks I will have 50000 words. Starting off the new year with a new book pushed out doesn't seem a bad thing, overall.
I don't see the point in not participating in the actual site when it has so many supports available, just because I am most likely to be filed off into the overwhelming majority of participators that are not finishers by the end of the event. I mean there were already four lessons on plotting and structuring, convincing characters and they have lists of names and plot adoptables, and you can score a free cover. Also if you like cafes with wine or are partial to a nice bite of tea, they have communal write ins at a spot near you.
I love the encouraging words from famous authors, and the word sprints are hilarious.
You see its not like a well manned expedition, overall. Not Everest or the Apollo landing.
More like the retreat from Dunkirk, where every little boat possible every hand helped, where no one ever thought they could by and of themselves. But together, all the little helps together saved an army and won the battle thought lost.
Sometimes with help we can do the impossible, and sometimes knowing that and believing that is all the difference between a modest success and remaining mired in failure's mindset.

Last edited:
I'm doing it, to try to push myself through the current rewrite. I managed a bit over 3k on day one and just shy of 2k today, because it's been a busy day with hospital appointments, taxiing teenagers and mucking out stables. I'd love to manage 2-3 K a day if I can without burning out, but it isn't easy running a business as well. My job is a 7 day week.

If anyone wants to hook up, I'm listed, imaginatively, as Kerry Buchanan.

I was already 10k in when I started this, but I'm typing with different coloured fonts to help me keep track of my daily progress. No point in cheating because I'm the one who'd suffer. It's just a good way of making my family give me a bit of writing space. Or at least that's the theory....

Saw this thread and joined. Been wanting to have a serious crack at this for a while now. And I too am sick! Popping pills morning and night. Feeling more dead than alive. But I'm determined to get a finished novel under my belt before the year is over and I figure hanging out on a forum like this rather than being in isolation might give me the prodding I need. Rather do it here than the official nanowrimo forums which seem quite juvenile. I haven't registered there.

Anyway I only decided to start today (about three hours ago after seeing this thread actually) so I'm already behind. Just banged out 1831 words for today though.

Good luck to everyone!

I don't see the point in not participating in the actual site when it has so many supports available, just because I am most likely to be filed off into the overwhelming majority of participators that are not finishers by the end of the event.

I can see a point to not participating in the actual site, because the actual site is full of shiny, distracting baubles in the form of forum threads that suck you in for hours at a time. :p

I signed up just to see what the fuss was about. And that's really cool that they organize local chapters to meet in person. It really has a lot to it.

Ok, I signed up as well. Probably rather optimistic since I've never been able to finish anything but what do I have to lose? Anyway, I actually started a new novel a few days ago and have written about 2000 words so I'm already off to a decent start. :cool:

However, I find it a bit disappointing that my country isn't even included in the list of available regions, I guess my prospects of finding local writing buddies are rather slim. :unsure:

Back