Identifying Asimov First Editions

LazarusLong

Hello everyone. I have been a sci fi fan since reading my first Heinlein book, The Door into Summer, about 25 years ago. Anyway, does anyone have a resource for identifying early Asimov first editions? Sometimes it is difficult to tell the difference between a book club edition, and an early printing. Thanks in advance!

Wikipedia can be of some help here. If you look at Asimov's bibilography the links to the individual books often have images of the covers of the 1st editions. It's not much to go on, but it's a start.

I had a thought. Abebooks could help as well. If you look for 1st editions of the books you want the booksellers often note whether it's a book club edition, and if they don't you could contact them and ask.

Thanks for the reply vince. I rarely purchase online. Most of my books come from estate sales and second hand shops. Abe books is a good resource, but photos are lacking. Some books have very minor differences between what could be an expensive edition and a book club. It seems like there would be some kind of resource online. I have found info on heinlein books. Of course none of mine are true first editions..