Voyager, what a great sci-fi.

Lucas Fox

Just finished watching the Voyager DVDs again and I must say, how much enjoyment I got from watching it yet again. You never seem to get bored with it. For me, I think Voyager was probably the best Star Trek. That's not to say the others weren't good. I loved the idea of the Gem-Hadar in Deep Space Nine and Jean-Luc has always been a favourite of mine in the Enterprise. I think that Kate Mulgrew did a great job as Janeway in Voyager. She would have to be the pick of captains for me.

I liked Voyager, too. But I'm pretty easy, as far as Star Trek goes -- I liked them all. TNG is my favorite, and I really liked Enterprise, but Voyager is right in there. It had a certain appeal with the angle of "we're lost in a corner of space and on our own". And Kate Mulgrew was great.

I think Voyager was full of missed chances - Borg watered down as a foe, conflict with the Maquis crew watered down after half of first Season, and the developing powers of Kes never explored.

I think Voyager was full of missed chances - Borg watered down as a foe, conflict with the Maquis crew watered down after half of first Season, and the developing powers of Kes never explored.

Well, yeah, but apart from that. :sneaky:

I believe Voyager was a shadow of the previous Star Trek shows. It took ideas from TNG and DS9, but mostly imitated what had already been done. It was a formulaic episode-of-the-week show rather than the long story arc of stranded travelers trying to get home, as it should have been.

I though "Year of Hell", a two part episode, was their best story and should have lasted at least a season. But like many of Voyager's episodes, the story "reset" quickly and they were off to the next adventure of the week. The Voyager crew really experienced too little long term consequences of being genuinely stranded and helpless.

I felt Voyager was on the right track when they introduced the Hirogen. I was hoping they could have developed them into a real adversary, but they completely let that thread go and never fleshed them out. It could have turned into something great I thought. That's what sums up Voyager I think. Good ideas started, but dropped. It was a continual series of let downs for me.