Fantasycon 2015 Panel.

Susan Boulton

The storyteller
On the 23rd October... My first ever panel at a Con. And looking at who are my co-panel members, I am a bit frightened :D
(Taken from the Fantasycon website http://fantasycon2015.org/whats-on/ )

Room: Suite 2
5.00pm Stealing from the Past: Fantasy in History

Much fantasy has real-world fantasy settings. We’re writing novels, not textbooks, so how far can we bend history out of shape to suit our own ends? This panel explores the challenges of placing strange fictions in historical realities and what we can learn from them

• choosing a setting: challenging assumptions about the period
  • how will it inform your characters?
  • research: how much is enough and what details to use?
  • the ‘clunk’: avoiding (or deliberately using) anachronisms
Moderator: Susan Bartholomew
Panelists: Jacey Bedford, Susan Boulton, Anne Lyle, Juliet E McKenna, Toby Venables

Giving this a boost!
On Friday 23rd October I will taking part in my very first panel at Fantasycon 2015 in Nottingham. I am getting very excited and a bit frightened lol.

Room: Suite 2
5.00pm Stealing from the Past: Fantasy in History

Also Oracle, with be for sale in the dealers room (big hug and thanks to Alex Davis )

You've got Jacey Bedford, Anne Lyle, and Juliet McKenna on the panel - you're in very good hands! No worries! :) Meanwhile, there's only one book launch happening on Sunday...

So who else is attending from the Chrons?

Hi Sue (I knew I had an account for this board somewhere!). I'm on a pannel at 4pm on the Friday but if I get done in time I'll come and listen - it'd be great to finally meet up!

Hi Sue (I knew I had an account for this board somewhere!). I'm on a pannel at 4pm on the Friday but if I get done in time I'll come and listen - it'd be great to finally meet up!

Eeek!

Yes it would, Pete, and you can tell me how things are going with the Angry Robot!

Nice one, if not there I'm sure we'll bump into each other in the bar afterwards!