Return by Nathan Hystad

Glitch

Supporter
As Queen Elizabeth II becomes Britain’s longest-reigning monarch. We have our fourth special royal themed story online.

Return by Nathan Hystad

I pulled the hood over my face as the guards rode past for the third time. Children wailed as the group of us migrated away from the burning village. Fury raged through my veins, but I tried to show myself as nothing more than a cowering villager sauntering on to look for shelter somewhere else.

I saw Franklin’s wife ahead and shuddered as I remembered her husband standing definitely between the king’s guards and the town. He lost his head for the trouble. Guilt was a deep burden and I’ve felt a lot of it over the past ten years; ten years since I’d left; ten years since I left him behind.

Read more... http://www.kraxon.com/return/

Thanks. After a couple rewrites and a dusty motivator, I had the proper story to send. It's my first story based on a 75 word entry. Now I'm doing a book based on one...I blame Jo for making me think that might be a good idea.

Nice story. Interesting way to add more depth to a short story as well, with the multiple short scenes.

Thanks Thad. I tried to show a lot in those limited words, so I felt the jumping was the best way to do it without dumping backstory