Death Vigil

Anushka Mokosh

Matryona Marzanna
Has anyone read it? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Death Vigil is written and drawn by Stjepan Šejić, a Croatian author probably best know for hiw work on Witchblade, but who also worked for Marvel. The entire comic (all 8 issues so far) have been posted on author's deviantArt account under username nebezial and are free to download in pdf form. I'll just leave the summary here in order not to spoil it, but I highly recommend it to everyone.

Our story begins with a man named Sam Lewis, who died trying to rescue two women from a mugger. But when the grim reaper showed up, instead of passing on, he was recruited into the Death Vigil - a group of fighters under the Reaper's command who protect the world from the forces of evil.

The universe they are in is decisively Lovecraftian though with terrible beings from another dimension that make people go insane just by looking at them (Roll for SAN check!) and Necromancers who summon then.

I really adore the comic, it's quite great read, and the design of Lovecraftian horrors in it are absolutely amazing (Roll for SAN loss!), as is the way the summoning rituals are shown.