Who is your SFF lookey likey? :)

I must have missed this thread lat time - probably because, apart from being avuncular (Which most SFF characters avoid) wy avatar at the time was me with one of innumerable grandnephews, so less winged.

Apart from Yoda., as those of you who have already met me can testify. I'm not all that fictionally heroic (and can't get the image to attach, either.)
renamed old avatar copy
1666472797984.png

Last edited:
I must have missed this thread lat time - probably because, apart from being avuncular (Which most SFF characters avoid) wy avatar at the time was me with one of innumerable grandnephews, so less winged.

Apart from Yoda., as those of you who have already met me can testify. I'm not all that fictionally heroic (and can't get the image to attach, either.)
renamed old avatar copy
Everyone loves Yoda! :giggle:

renamed old avatar copyView attachment 94400

Getting a very Terry Pratchett vibe from that pic.

Getting a very Terry Pratchett vibe from that pic.
Ah, so I should have worn the Pratchett hat - I certainly don't have an avatar of me wearing it.

Actually, I never met the gentleman. As I was mostly high in the Ramtops, and Hogswatch was generally jammed with my relatives the occasion never arose, though I did appreciate his writing a lot. And the afforementioned family did buy me the Hat.

But could the P'Terry be classified as a fantasy character, however fantastic he may have been? He did indeed appear in camio performances during the televised versions of his books, would that suffice?

He would possibly have been the only human who could have written convincingly of the 2022 politcal and internationl situation.

Last edited:
But could the P'Terry be classified as a fantasy character, however fantastic he may have been? He did indeed appear in camio performances during the televised versions of his books, would that suffice?

Good point but I believe that he gave more than enough to the genre to be an honorary fantasy Figure, If not Wilfred Mott easily fits the bill :)

Back