Who is your SFF lookey likey? :)

Ensign Shah

Ship's Counsellor
Inspired by the 'post your pic' thread and my search for an Avatar picture that looks like me. Here is my SFF lookey likey. Please share yours! :D
image.jpg image.jpg

Can you place my younger self's doppelgänger?

Reactions: Vaz
Well, now. According to Google reverse image search using my bio pic, I look like this guy, who appears to be a science fiction author in Bangladesh, by the name of Md. Jafor Iqbals:
1b460-md-jaforiqbalpichure.jpg
upload_2015-8-25_13-53-48.jpeg

Which is interesting, because he does bear a remarkable resemblance to my brother. Who is not from Bangladesh. But this guy also has our trademark cowlick wave, and my brother's mustache.

Last edited:
I'm hoping your personality traits aren't similar to you lookey likey's. :eek:

I can't really say, I have never seen the movie. A nephew told me that I look like Samuel Jackson but I have never been into the bald look so I had to find a picture with hair. LOL The beard is more like Mirror Spock though.

psik

Well, if Gandalf had taken a shine to some hobbit wench, resulting in a hybrid about the size of a medium-size bloke - long silver-grey hair, long silver-grey beard, skinny - it'd probably be me.

And if only Donkeyboils College of Sorcery hadn't flat refused to let me even apply (every time I tried the pen dried up and the paper turned greasy), I might have had some of the talent, too. Instead I'm 5'7" with oversize hairy feet and a penchant for odd hats - I wear a bowler 5 days a week in the shop.................. because a customer gave it to me one day and said, "now you look like a chap who sells books." As he passes the shop most days I sort of have to wear it. Its a bit of fun and people occasionally ask if they can take a picture when I stand by the door, and not being one to pass up a bit of free publicity (even if the only other person who sees it is his dad in Dusseldorf when he gets home) I'm usually up for it.

For some reason I keep getting flashes of the old Homepride adverts with the flour-graders.

One customer told me somebody he knew had asked him who the hasidic bloke in the bookshop was. Maybe the bowler is a bad idea.

I could get a top hat, but I usually dress mostly in black (I like black shirts, so quite often entirely in black), and I'd look like a funeral director who'd found a job that was slightly less smelly. Besides, Matt 'The Hat' who runs a vinyl/Cassette/CD/DVD shop in Barnstaple (Quick! Bask in the publicity, Matt) has got that covered, and he's been wearing his ragged topper since I met him back in the early 90s.

I actually get called 'ZeeZee', as in ZZ Top, by a local chap known as 'Caxton'. Sadly, the beard isn't a ZZ Top or a Gandalf yet. I put it at somewhere longer than a Billy Connolly, but shorter than a Tutankhamun. The hair is the full-on Gandalf, though. Just glad I'm skinny or I'd be getting asked to do the Santa thing a little under 4 months from now.

Far be it from me to complain - perish the thought. But, Ensign Shah, that there 'like' could very well end up being most unfortunate should the city fathers in York see it. As I understand it, the charge, under Yorkshire law, for looking sideways at something from Lancashire, let alone liking it, is medium-treason, and punishable by several days suspension, by a sensitive and necessary anatomical component, on an elastic rope, from the top of the Minster.

Your only chance for redemption now is to carve three Hail Geoffrey Boycotts into the turf at Elland Road and sacrifice a Duncan Fearnley bat before the main gates at Headingly. If the smoke drifts into the ground you're in the clear. If it drifts away emigrate - Rochdale will take the odd refugee from the overly-harsh vengeance of the Infernal Fellowship of the White Rose.

Remember - no-one expects the Sowerby Inquisition.

Aaaaaaah! You're from Lancashire? That should've been declared before you wrote on this thread :eek:

I will seek forgiveness by immersing my self in tea and Parkin and this should appease our blessed leader Brian. No way am I going to Rochdale!!!! ;)

Back