Death's Sweet Echo by Maynard and Sims...

Gary Compton

I miss you, wor kid.
...is now available for Pre-order on the Tickety Boo Website. It's a signed, limited edition hardback for £15. 206 pages of terrifying horror.

There is a scratching at the door, but surely no-one is there. The house is empty, so the footsteps on the stairs must be in my imagination. The way that shadow just moved, like breathing, must be a trick of the light.

In thirteen new ghost stories and strange tales Maynard & Sims prove they are masters of subtle unease, shifting from reality to distorted nightmares with a few deft words, creating an atmosphere of dread with superb characterisation, pacing and plotting.

“Maynard Sims’ work is superbly detailed, and very well written.” British Fantasy Society.

“I wish Maynard & Sims were more prolific short story writers, because every collection they publish is a veritable feast for dark fiction lovers.” Mario Guslandi.

“Proof of what these much underrated writers are capable of producing when at their best.” Peter Tennant.

“Maynard and Sims revitalize the traditional thrills of haunted houses, ghosts, and witches by emphasizing the psychological turmoil of character’s minds.” Cemetery Dance.

BIOGRAPHY

Len Maynard & Mick Sims are the authors of sixteen novels with more scheduled - with supernatural horror, the Department 18 series, crime thrillers and erotic romance. They have written screenplays, and one, based on the first two Department 18 books, won the 2013 British Horror Film Festival Award for Best New Screenplay. Numerous stories and novellas have been published in a variety of anthologies and magazines and Death’s Sweet Echo is their tenth collection. They worked as editors on Darkness Rising, they co-edited and published F20 with The British Fantasy Society, and as editors/publishers they ran Enigmatic Press in the UK, which produced Enigmatic Tales, and its sister titles.

Maynard and Sims-titled.jpg