Lunch break reading

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
When I'm on my lunch break I like to read, like many of us I'm sure. What I like to read though tends to be shorter novels. Classic sf novels are great for this. I would never think of reading War and Peace on my lunch break.

What kinds of things to people here like to read on their lunch break?

Flash fiction can be good - just the right length. I liked Nick Perring short stories, for example, but he's more literary than sci fi. I personally find novels to heavy for reading on short breaks. But I guess it depends on how long it takes you to eat your lunch :)

I like to read pacey thrillers or historical fiction at lunch. Pretty much beach reading (we have a beautiful courtyard at the office). So I recently read Olympiad by Tom Holt, and now I'm reading Lustrum by Robert Harris.

When I was reading the Harry Potter books I read a sizable chunk of all eight on my lunch hours. A few years ago I read most of a book of Ring Lardner short stories on my lunch hours.

I guess it depends on what my primary reading is. Mostly I read whatever I'm reading at the time, but once in awhile I'll bring a book of short stories for lunch and leave the primary reading home.

Randy M.

I like to read pacey thrillers or historical fiction at lunch. Pretty much beach reading (we have a beautiful courtyard at the office). So I recently read Olympiad by Tom Holt, and now I'm reading Lustrum by Robert Harris.

Olympiad is an excellent read.