Plastic Memories

Warren_Paul

Banishment this world!
Finished watching Plastic Memories.... I need a hug.

I hate that this show left me feeling broken, and vulnerable. But I love that this show left me feeling broken, and vulnerable... I don't think I'll ever be able to ride a ferris wheel ever again.

Plastic Memories is my #1 anime of the season.

But I thought I needed to say something more about this show. It deserves it. So here is the trailer, and my write up for Plastic Memories:

----------------

Naotaka Hayashi and Studio Doga Kobo bring us an original, beautifully character driven story about a world full of humanoid androids called "Giftias" who have been integrated so deeply into society that they fill the most deepest of roles in peoples lives; they are sisters, brothers, mothers, lovers, soul mates; they are exactly what the person needs. There's but one catch: they only have an expected lifespan of 7 years.

Enter Tsukasa Mizugaki, a college drop out forced to seek employment through his father's connections. He's assigned a job at the Terminal Service Department where his main role is to recover giftia reaching the end of their age before they malfunction and become a danger to those around them. To complete his duties, he is paired up with a giftia called Isla. Having spent a long time away from active duty, Isla is out of practice and rather clumsy, but it is an adorable quality that Tsukasa can't help but love. But Isla has no time for love, she has no interest in making memories. Their job is to rip apart memories, not make them.

Plastic Memories features the phenomenal voice acting of Sora Amamiya (Akame ga Kill. Aldnoah.Zero) and Chinatsu Akasaki (Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions. Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma. Selector Infected WIXOSS).

In the style of Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day and Clannad: After Story, Plastic Memories will take you on an emotional rollercoaster ride that will leave you heartbroken and desperate for more.

Last edited:
Interesting. Where I currently live I cannot stream, but I will be moving soon to an area when I can. I shall check it out if I can find it online somewhere.