Keep Me Forever

Alternative Worlds

Keep Me Forever
Rosemary Laurey
Zebra, Apr 2006, $6.99, 352 pp.
ISBN: 0821779281

Vampire Antonia Stonewright, who was turned in the fifth century, and ghoul Elizabeth Connor plan to open up a top quality crafts store and art gallery in a small Surrey town in England. On business, Antonia visits the hermit-like Potter Michael Langton at his home, but quickly realizes he is not mortal. They fall into each other’s arms confiding their true natures and accepting the other for what they are.

Vampire Stella Corvus and her mortal son Sam are coming to visit Antonia and Elizabeth when their vehicle is carjacked with the lad inside. Using her vampiric powers, Stella shoves the man out of her car and drives away. When they reach their hotel, Stella finds a bag of probably stolen jewels in their auto. Stella stealthily gives it to the police with no link back to her or Sam. Still someone tries to break into Stella’s car, but Elizabeth chases him off. As Stella helps her friends with preparing for their grand opening, a corpse is found at the construction site. While Stella’s spouse and Elizabeth’s fiancé believe their venture is jinxed and wants them home before someone they love is hurt, the three females continue to work even though danger lurks nearby.

KEEP ME FOREVER is another great romantic supernatural suspense in the “Forever” series. There is plenty of action with enough romance to satisfy readers of both genres. Characters from previous novels play pivotal roles, which leads to a strong sense of continuity as the key cast remain true to their inner essences. Rosemary Laurey affirms that she is one of the best at writing modern day vampiric romantic thrillers.