Inish Carraig - incoming!

Just to say, I now look like I will be printing POD from Lightning Source. Some of the bookstores in NI will be taking it, I think, which is amazing for a sp book so I will be doing a small print run. I'm not touting in any way, because that's not my style, but am aware some people like the personalisation of a signed book so, if anyone does want that (they won't be limited or numbered, I'm afraid) I'm happy to sort it out. (I'm assuming there won't be a stampede ;)) I have a paypal account which I thought I could shake the cobwebs out of. You can all see how long I've put into the planning of this, no...;)

Anyway, if interested drop me a pm or a note in the thread. :)

Sounds good. I'll be sure to order off Amazon in Paper back and maybe ebook too ;)

Me signed please! Email me your PayPal. :D

I think we'll go the coffee and meet up route....

I don't know how clear I was earlier, judging by PMs...

If anyone wants a signed copy, don't order from Amazon, but let me know and I'll send direct from my stock and raise a paypal invoice for book plus postage. Otherwise, it will be on Amazon POD and ebook, unsigned.

Um. Does that make any sense....? :)

I'll raise my hand for a signed copy. Let me know the details via PM.

So is the book released now, or you still doing the final proof read?

I'll raise my hand for a signed copy. Let me know the details via PM.

So is the book released now, or you still doing the final proof read?

Yes, the final proof and formatting is to be done, and I'm swanning off on holidays...release date is the 24 July, hopefully, but I'm new to all this so I hope I hit it... :)

I'll give you a shout by pm. And thank you. :)

I have no idea what a bookplate is, but I'd like a signed copy too. About time the youngsters read more Irish authors!

(I don't count)

I have a bookplate from Brent Weeks. That's the only one I think I have??

I'd like one but not sure how costly it would be to send here.

I can do bookplates though doubt they'd be nice personalised ones a la Peter Brett. I can also do signed pbacks.

I see two ways:

1. If someone orders off amazon, I can post a plate out for it.

2. If someone orders from me I can sign the book and post it. Based on one I sent to America recently, that comes to about sixteen pounds. Which is a lot of money for a paperback, frankly.

I'm happy to do whatever is easiest for people. For UK people, I think it's easier - I can sign and post.

I still need to confirm price. I had hoped to be further on this week but wasn't able to get copy edit done, which will now have to wait until I get back from hols (which means I think the launch date will be pushed towards start-August but I will turn it around as quickly as I can once home). But, depending what the book costs to print, I hope to come in around 7.99, and probably about 2.49 for kindle. (Again, these aren't set in stone.) so I suspect for UK it would be about a tenner signed and posted out.

Am I muddying the waters further? I have been known to. :D

If someone orders from me I can sign the book and post it. Based on one I sent to America recently, that comes to about sixteen pounds. Which is a lot of money for a paperback, frankly.

That's why a signed bookplate works so well for books that would cost too much for the writer to send overseas. The reader orders the book from amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, Book Depository, B & N, or wherever they usually order books online without horrendous postage, and the author sends them a bookplate costing no more postage than they would have to pay for sending a letter.

That's why a signed bookplate works so well for books that would cost too much to send overseas. The reader orders the book from amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, Book Depository, B & N, or wherever, avoiding horrendous postage, and the author sends them a bookplate costing no more postage than they would have to pay for sending a letter.

Yep, I'm happy for it. But they'll be generic ones I can pick up in Waterstones, now't fancy. :)

I could personalise a doodle on each. :D