Grimm: 2.06: Over My Dead Body

J-Sun

No comments on "Over My Dead Body" (2012-10-05)? I can't exactly put my finger on it but I mostly loved this episode, which is kind of unusual for me - I've enjoyed many but only "loved" a couple.

Spoilers:
this ep just seemed to have a great amount of energy and action and tension and that may have partly been from bringing back Angelina. And, of course, needing to kill Monroe. And, while I get kind of tired of all the "we don't need no steenkin' constitution" cop shows on TV, in this fantasy context, it made sense for there to be a lot of weird ambiguity. I just had a blast until - I mean you could argue it was necessary for a multitude of reasons, but still - they actually killed off Angelina. But c'est la mort. It was still a great ep.

Sidenote: while I still wish they'd either get the Amnesiette storyline over with or make it clearer to me what they were trying to accomplish with it, I thought the bits in this ep were more interesting than they've been for most of the season

Anybody else see it?

No comments on "Over My Dead Body" (2012-10-05)? I can't exactly put my finger on it but I mostly loved this episode, which is kind of unusual for me - I've enjoyed many but only "loved" a couple.

Anybody else see it?

Yes. I agree with what you said in your spoiler comments. I did have trouble with a few plot details at the end involving the credibility of the scheme being foisted on the would-be assassins.

Yeah, that's true -
it wasn't even really clear to me how it was supposed to work out if the twitching hadn't occurred and she hadn't broken and tried to save him. And how did they know the bad guys wouldn't just shoot him a few times to make sure, rather than messing with a snake guy - and so on. Sometimes doesn't pay to look to closely at these things. ;) But it was a fun ride aside from that

I watched it and liked it a lot.
There are very few things on TV that I become obsessed with to the point of watching regulary. Some series that I did really enjoy include

- The Highlander
- SG1
- Slipstream (very corny but I really liked the cast)

Grimm is enjoyable, the writing is improving plus the actors are starting to hit their stride and gel into a team (cast). The premise is goofy fun and I grew up in Oregon so I like to try to recognize locations.

Enjoying it a lot :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pedro Del Mar Book Discussion 5
WaylanderToo Grimm 2
Dave Grimm 10
FireDragon-16 Grimm 4
FireDragon-16 Grimm 3