Discussion -- May 2015 75-word Writing Challenge

Congratulations Victoria, another great performance. I didn't manage to poor up a shortlist but rest assured it wasn't short.
I had two ideas but the Other one i couldn't pull off. The idea i entered was the departure from a body to become pure energy but I think it went more like an upload to a computer in the end. The other idea was a departure from language into emoticons but i didn't really have enough time to get it to work as a 75 word piece.

And from me as well, Victoria. Whether it's a story or one of your commentaries, the things you do with very few words...mind blown.

Crystal, Your Judgeship ma'am, far, and Juliana; thank you for the mentions (and the runner up, Juliana!).

Dusty, intended or not, I was neatly reminded of Dorian Grey while reading your story, and enjoyed the lighter-yet-almost-RodSerling-touch.

Sorry for the double-post, but I just checked the poll, and would be wrong indeed not to thank the 2nd person who voted for me. While I lack Ratsy's keen eye for sussing out the late voters, I am nevertheless quite humbled.:notworthy:

*Hopes he hasn't been an obliviot and missed the reference*

Grimward -- to see who has voted for you, click on the "2 vote(s)" bit alongside your name. In this case it was Moonbat and hopewrites. (The names aren't in order of voting, by the way, but in order of membership -- long-standing members are named ahead of those who joined later).

marmalade -- you're not the first to miss voting, so don't worry. The 75s only have 5 days for voting (the 300s have 15 days, which probably helped to confuse you!). We always end entries for the 75s on the 23rd of the month, and end voting on the 28th, as that then gives us time for voting on a tie-break if one is needed, before the next Challenge starts on the 1st of the following month. (And it's good to see you in the Challenges -- I hope you enjoyed them!)

Dusty, intended or not, I was neatly reminded of Dorian Grey while reading your story, and enjoyed the lighter-yet-almost-RodSerling-touch.

Now there are two huge and humbling comparisons! Thanks! :D I don't think I intended any Dorian Grey, but it's one of the things that lives in the depths of my subconscious, anyway. One never knows what may crawl out of there.

Grimward -- to see who has voted for you, click on the "2 vote(s)" bit alongside your name. In this case it was Moonbat and hopewrites. (The names aren't in order of voting, by the way, but in order of membership -- long-standing members are named ahead of those who joined later).

I of course was trying to right-click it.:rolleyes: Thank you , Your Honor. ;)

And thank YOU again, hope and Moonbat.:)

Congrats, Vic. Hope we get good choices this next month like this one was.

And for anyone wondering-and for those who made the attempt at guessing-my inspiration for One Way Out was a song. It's doubtful if most, if any, of you have ever heard of it...the inspiration was a song called Pictures of the World by a man named Sam Marsh.

Thank you The Judge for clarifying, and yes, I have enjoyed everyone's entries immensely. :)

Honorable List of Favorites

Ashleyne B. Watts - Remedy - Robert Mackay - A. Fare Wells - Willwallace - Luiglin - Cascade - KARN!!! - Telford

- Glen - Jo Zebedee - Juliana - Tenaciousb - BluePhoenix711 - Cat's Cradle - T0ny Hine - Bowler1 - Mr Orange -

Harusame - Marmalade - Venusian Broon - Johnnyjet - HareBrain - TitaniumTi - Tywin - Hex - LittleStar -

Perpetual Man - DG Jones - WinterLight - Parson - Moonbat - Hopewrites - Ratsy - Ihe - GreenKidx - Sancho -

Jastius - Kerrybuchanan - Germinad - Farntfar - Chrispenycate - Void - Culhwch - High Eight - Alexander2 -

Alchemist - Bob Senior - Holland - Grimward - Teresa Edgerton - Mosaix - The Judge - TheDustyZebra

- Ursa Major

My goodness. What a time to have to be away from the computer for a week.

I missed the nail-biting conclusion to this challenge, which is probably a good thing.

Special congratulations must go to Jo Zebedee who was, for all practical purposes, a co-winner.

Many thanks to The Judge for handling the transition to the next challenge while I was away.

The title of my entry, for those who may not know, is taken from an old song. It also provided my theme.

Back